So I picked up the PS2 version of DJ Hero brand-new on clearance about a week ago. I had some free time today so I decided to try it out. According to the instructions, you insert the batteries into the turntable, plug in the USB dongle, push the 'PS' button on the turntable to turn it on, hold the button on the dongle to 'sync', then push the 'PS' button once again and you should be good to go. Yeah this didn't work...at all.

After much finagling and switching of the batteries, I finally got the 4 lights to appear on the turntable (after holding the 'PS' button for quite awhile). Thinking that I might've got somewhere, I hit the start button on the turntable and it just lit up a single light. I pushed it again and it lit up the second light instead. One more press made the third light appear. Nothing happened on the game, though. I messed around with the PS button and the dongle but to no avail. No matter what, I can't get this damn thing to sync.

So before I run this thing back to the store, can anybody give me advice on what step I may be missing. The turntable is compatible with the PS2/PS3 versions, so I'm sure that anybody playing either one can help me out here. Thanks!!