I finally got my Amiga CD32 today. Microcosm is the only published game I currently have for it. For those who have only experienced the Sega CD version, let me tell you--this one is much better. The cut scenes have color and the action is very fast and smooth. It's still a flawed game, of course (the best way to survive is to just dodge everything like the Sega CD version), but the music and ambience are enough to keep me interested.

I had a question, however, as I can't seem to understand how advance the game and get to the bosses. I understand how the map function works, but what is the point of this? Are you just supposed to search until you find the boss or are you supposed to hit all the respawn points (white circles on the edges of the map) to clear the levels? The manual does a piss-poor job of explaining any of this. In fact, it doesn't mention it at all.

Also, is there any penalty for dying? Every time I crash I go back to the pod bay. Does this version have infinite lives or will Korsby croak if I keep dying?

Googe searching brought up some interesting cheats, but didn't quite answer my specific questions. Any insight you guys have on this odd little game would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
G