Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sega Games That Never Came Home

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Back in the Dreamcast days I wanted ports of Planet Harriers and Scud Race so bad.

But, more than anything I wanted a port of Moto Raid. My local AMC theater used to have this and I can't tell you how much money I used to pump into it! Also, being a model 2 game it should have been an easy port to the DC......
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    Back in the Dreamcast days I wanted ports of Planet Harriers and Scud Race so bad.

But, more than anything I wanted a port of Moto Raid. My local AMC theater used to have this and I can't tell you how much money I used to pump into it! Also, being a model 2 game it should have been an easy port to the DC......
    That was another one I would have loved to have seen. So, great games, but no real over arching reason for why none of them saw a console port.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really want that Rambo arcade game.

Bay Route and Tough Turf never got ported AFAIK, but it could have something to do with licencing issues with Sunsoft.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    I don't know if these count, but the arcade versions of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker and Ghostbusters are quite different from their Genesis counterparts. Those two have never been released on consoles as far as I know.
    Moonwalker is my favorite arcade game, and I've been dying to see it released in any form. I'll take compilation, Xbox Live, portable system, or anything. I've offered to buy the actual cab for a couple g's in the past, but no responses. Sega, release it now!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Sega's excuse for not porting Sega Sonic the Hedgehog to any collection is always because of the trackball controller used on the arcade machine. But we all know that it's not impossible to convert the control signals to work with an analog joystick or d-pad because MAME already supports the game. Assign the trackball to a thumbstick and the game plays fine. I beat it. Now why can't they do it if random emulator developers can?
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Indy 500 was ported -- to Game.com
    Good grief you're right! Game.com shouldn't even be considered a video game system.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As has been covered elsewhere it is criminal that Virtua Cop 3 never made it to Xbox. Criminal I say. Ghost Squad also should've made it to the original Xbox and would've made for a nice double pack with VC3 (to heck with the Wii version at least it serves me no benefit).

Scud Race should have been released on Dreamcast, there is really no excuse but perhaps it was bailed on after the issues that arose in Sega Rally 2 (another Model3 board conversion). At the very least they could have gone the Win9x/PC route as was the case with SR2 which really improved the frame-rate issues. The bonus tracks in OutRun2 is of little consolation since it's Sumo Digital.

Another valid mention is OutRunners. I do not consider the Genesis/MegaDrive game to be compensation. It's really mediocre in comparison and someone who never played the arcade original would have a very skewed vision of what it may be based on the home port.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjackcsa View Post
    I've always been a Sega fan, and I've always wondered, why are there so many arcade games that never came home?

There seems to be a time starting around that a tonne of games never came home.

Just off the top, Scud Race, Daytona U.S.A 2, L.A. Riders, the Jurassic Park Arcade Games, The Star Wars Arcade Game, Moto Raid and that skateboarding game all spring to mind.

Until recently, Jambo Safari, Gunblade and L.A. Machine Guns could have been included on that list.

I've never read anything official as to why they were never released/ported to ANY console.

Anybody know?
    I know that Jambo Safari was scheduled and was supposed to be out with another game as well. I did hear about Jambo and some rescue game or something (I think it was those 2) that were going to be released on 1 disc.

Top Skater was also supposed to come out as well. That game is even shorter than Steep Slope Sliders Arcade, so it would have probably been difficult to put that out on its own

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheClash603's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TheClash603
    PSN
    TheClash603

I would actually buy that lame Tony Hawk skateboard, if I could use it on a Top Skater home release.

...the sequel, not so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brianvgplayer View Post
    I find it odd how Colecovision had a lot of ports licensed from Sega, but no SG-1000 ports (not counting homebrews). The carts even have a similar shape.
    By the time it was released, the Colecovision was already slowing down due to the crash in this country and just had another half a year or so of healthy support from Coleco before they started to wind things down.

I imagine if the crash hadn't killed it prematurely, we would've seen some ports. But the summer of 1983 was already very late in the system's very short life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheClash603 View Post
    I would actually buy that lame Tony Hawk skateboard, if I could use it on a Top Skater home release.

...the sequel, not so much.
    With some messing around, it might be possible to do it on the pc, but that is where I leave it.

I actually have an extra controller and once I stop being lazy and get a wireless receiver for it for my pc, I am going to test it out. If I get it working, that would be awesome, but I am pretty confident that it is possible to do that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    I know that Jambo Safari was scheduled and was supposed to be out with another game as well. I did hear about Jambo and some rescue game or something (I think it was those 2) that were going to be released on 1 disc.
    Ah yes, it was Emergency Call Ambulance.

Top Skater was also supposed to come out as well. That game is even shorter than Steep Slope Sliders Arcade, so it would have probably been difficult to put that out on its own
    Shouldn't have been that hard. They'd just need to beef it up the same way they did with Crazy Taxi, 18-Wheeler, etc. Top Skater is very short, but it would be very conducive to adding on.