Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scumbags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    That person is one of the many, many reasons I have nothing to do with eBay. Scammers like that have always soured me on the experience. I'll just buy everything locally, thanks.
    Are you really that terrified of a potential scam? I've been buying and selling non-stop on ebay since 1998 and I've been scammed maybe once or twice total out of tens upon tens of thousands of transactions (and NEVER on the buying end). Yeah, it COULD happen. In that case, why even leave your house? You could be hit by a drunk driver.

Scams are honestly not even something I think about. You only hear about people's bad experiences, never the millions of successful transactions. I complain loudly about ebay/Paypal's BS as much as anyone, but they are still great services overall and the good FAR outweighs the bad.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Are you really that terrified of a potential scam? I've been buying and selling non-stop on ebay since 1998 and I've been scammed maybe once or twice total out of tens upon tens of thousands of transactions (and NEVER on the buying end). Yeah, it COULD happen. In that case, why even leave your house? You could be hit by a drunk driver.

Scams are honestly not even something I think about. You only hear about people's bad experiences, never the millions of successful transactions. I complain loudly about ebay/Paypal's BS as much as anyone, but they are still great services overall and the good FAR outweighs the bad.
    ^Yeah, pretty much all of this.

Really, you're doing yourself a disservice if the fear of being scammed is the main reason you avoid eBay.

Insert Coin (Level 0) dnehthend's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been screwed this way before

no more first class packages overseas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I wonder how a scammer would feel when they claim they never got the item in question, and the seller states something like "I will be sumbitting a USPS investigation and claim since the package was insured. They will be contacting you in hopes to me filing an insurance claim". Would love to see the scammers reaction.
    I had something similar to this happen to me a long time ago, back in the "Good Old Days" of Ebay. I mailed out a Playstation 1 game to someone who had won the auction for it. The buyer contacted me about a week later claiming he never got the package.

I ended up going to the post office and filled out some sort of lost package investigation forms. I don't remember if I needed to get some sort of information from the buyer or send a copy of the form to the buyer or something else, but I emailed the buyer and let him know that I had started a lost mail investigation.

After the buyer got that email, he emailed me back saying something along the lines of "Well the US Postal system is crazy and sometimes things just take a long time. Let's just wait a bit longer and see what happens."

I never heard from the buyer again. I to this day wonder if that buyer was trying to scam me and then got scared off or if the package eventually showed up, or if it really did get lost.