Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neo-Geo Games Coming to PSN with Online Play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Thing is, Waku Waku 7, Galaxy Fight, Astray Superstars, Matrimelee, Twinkle Star Sprites, Ninja Masters... these games haven't seen a U.S. release since the Saturn era or before. I don't care about the Metal Slugs, KoFs, or any other SNK game that's been collected from hell and back.

What game on virtual console isn't available on at least one PS2 collection, or even more than one? None. I would love to see Windjammers here in the states on VC, and I'll buy it it comes out, but any of the games I listed above? Import only, and likely to stay that way.
    Once again, you clearly aren't paying attention to what's being released for this platform on the Japanese and American Virtual Consoles.

Several games that haven't been in Playstation 2 collections that haven't been seen since their original retail run are being brought over by D4 for North America. Blue's Journey, Magical Drop II, Ninja Combat, Ironclad, Street Hoop, and Spin Master all jump out when I look at the list of released games as games I haven't seen on compilations.

I fail to see why Windjammers is going to be any different then these games. Clearly D4 is still supporting this as seen by several NeoGeo releases in recent weeks that made it out earlier in the year in Japan. They're releasing much more then just Metal Slug, Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, World Heroes, and King of Fighters on this service.

I guarantee to you that Windjammers will make it out eventually. [Edit: As of April 2014, this never happened and the Japanese download was delisted last Fall. You win some, you lose some...]
    Last edited by Leo_A; 04-21-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    ...Waku Waku 7 (April 2010)...
    Waku Waku 7 is on VC? Oh, wow. I have to get that when it comes out here. And then I'd buy it over again on PSN when they get around to releasing it there...

Kitsune: I actually heard that the netcode has started to get acceptable with NGBC, so I'd hope that's what these PS3 versions are using. Definitely worth waiting and seeing.

Speaking of NGBC... SNK, please release those games on PSN. I will pay you so much money day 1. NGBC is one of my favourite SNK games and I would kill for online play with it on PS3.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Once again, you clearly aren't paying attention to what's being released for this platform on the Japanese and American Virtual Consoles. Several games that haven't been in Playstation 2 collections that haven't been seen since their original retail run are being brought over by D4 for North America. Blue's Journey, Magical Drop II, Ninja Combat, Ironclad, Street Hoop, and Spin Master all jump out when I look at the list of released games as games I haven't seen on SNK Arcade Classics (The only one I own). And I assume they aren't on any of the standalone collections of fighting games from SNK, but I'm not interested in the genre so maybe I'm wrong.

I fail to see why Windjammers is going to be any different then these games. Clearly D4 is still supporting this (We've gotten several NeoGeo releases in recent weeks that made it out earlier in the year in Japan) They're releasing more then just Metal Slug, Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, World Heroes, and King of Fighters on this service. I guarantee to you that Windjammers will make it.
    I stand corrected, sir. My apologies.

I own a couple of Japan only SNK compilations, like the ADK collection (ninja masters, TSS), and the Sunsoft neo geo stuff ( galaxy fight and Waku Waku), but my JP PS2 is dead rendering them unavailable for play. Here's hoping they come out here in some way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Windjammers is Paon, not G-Mode. And it's been published on the Japanese Virtual Console by D4 Enterprises a few months back and they're the same company that has published all the NeoGeo games we've seen in the Virtual Console over here. I'd be surprised to see D4 not bring it out here eventually since they continue to support the Virtual Console and have licensed the property from Paon.

Too bad it's not much fun. The name inspires thoughts of large sailing ships, but actually has nothing to do with windjammers.
    Ok then i didn't know afther dataeast went out of business i was confused for who got the,rights on what.Since there games were split up by all these different compenys and what not.So maybe one day windjammers will end up on neo-geo station.

Btw i pop windjammers in any time i have the cmvs out.Yeah the single player isn't much but the fun i find in it is the 2ps.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 12-11-2010 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I still don't quite get Windjammers. It looks fun though. It's been supported in GGPO for some time, but nobody plays it.

It's essentially a fast paced Pong with musclebound frisbee players.

Forgot about Twinkle Star Sprites....also a day 1 buy for PS3 if it ever comes out.

@ Leo: I completely ignore everything released for the VC....only talking about PS3 releases myself. I'd never play anything online on the Wii.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    I stand corrected, sir. My apologies.

I own a couple of Japan only SNK compilations, like the ADK collection (ninja masters, TSS), and the Sunsoft neo geo stuff ( galaxy fight and Waku Waku), but my JP PS2 is dead rendering them unavailable for play. Here's hoping they come out here in some way.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SNK releasing good games that aren't KOF related on the PS2.

*cries*
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SNK releasing good games that aren't KOF related on the PS2.

*cries*
    Yeah... Sigh...

Honestly, I don't care about online play: SNK is incapable of producing netcode worth a shit. I bring all the weird Dreamcast/Wii/Saturn fighting game stuff to my weekly get together, and that's where I'd play anything they put out. Just get the emulation down pat, and we're good to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty excited for Windjammers, but otherwise I think this is a bit of a ripoff.

It'd be okay if you didn't have to pay twice - once for the psp and once for the ps3. It should be like the PS One Classics. I'm happy to pay $10 if it's for both consoles.

BTW, are these better than the psp neogeo compilation versions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    I'm pretty excited for Windjammers, but otherwise I think this is a bit of a ripoff.

It'd be okay if you didn't have to pay twice - once for the psp and once for the ps3. It should be like the PS One Classics. I'm happy to pay $10 if it's for both consoles.

BTW, are these better than the psp neogeo compilation versions?
    Emulation is more solid then it was for the psp collection.

Still it's down side poor network code if your not playing local,then the game realy lags bad for online play.