Thread: Kirby's Dream Land (GB)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kirby 64 just about put me to sleep. I have no idea how anyone can enjoy that game.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Kirby 64 just about put me to sleep. I have no idea how anyone can enjoy that game.
    This from the guy that recommends garbage platformers like Chuck Rock and Wonder Dog. :P

Anyway, because it's a really solid platformer with tight controls, creative stages, and fun moves? Not to mention great graphics and music.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm in the 'Kirby 64 was boring' camp. I tried really hard to like it, but I just couldn't get into it. Not really sure why, honestly, just didn't click with me.

Kirby's Dream Land, however, is an amazing game that everyone should play at least once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    This from the guy that recommends garbage platformers like Chuck Rock and Wonder Dog. :P

Anyway, because it's a really solid platformer with tight controls, creative stages, and fun moves? Not to mention great graphics and music.
    Hah, yeah, Kirby 64 is kind of boring, but it's better than games like those two for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    I'm in the 'Kirby 64 was boring' camp. I tried really hard to like it, but I just couldn't get into it. Not really sure why, honestly, just didn't click with me.

Kirby's Dream Land, however, is an amazing game that everyone should play at least once.
    True, but I'd say that Kirby 1, 2, and Adventure are all must-play titles really... Super Star (or Super Star Ultra) too perhaps, and for the spinoffs Pinball, Dream Course, Block Ball, and Canvass Curse should be played for sure. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Kirby's Epic Yarn are solid games as well, for the newer platformers. But I probably do like the 8-bit ones best, both for nostalgia and gameplay reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli
    This is highly debatable. Even though Kirby had more attacks on Super Star, the game played much slower and had a far worse level design than Adventure in my opinion. It's still a great game, just not nearly as good as Adventure.
    True, but I like Kirby 2 just as much as Adventure...
    Last edited by A Black Falcon; 07-31-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon View Post
    True, but I'd say that Kirby 1, 2, and Adventure are all must-play titles really... Super Star (or Super Star Ultra) too perhaps, and for the spinoffs Pinball, Dream Course, Block Ball, and Canvass Curse should be played for sure. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Kirby's Epic Yarn are solid games as well, for the newer platformers.
    Oh, I agree. Kirby 1, 2 and Adventure are all amazing games in their own right. Super Star is one of the best Kirby games hands down, with Ultra being an excellent version in it's own right. I remember really liking the OST for Pinball and Block Ball. Dream Course and Canvass Curse I've yet to have a chance to play.

Amazing Mirror, Nightmare in Dreamland and Squeak Squad were all disappointments in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Super Smash Bros. was a great game; Kirby 64 was not. What happened with HAL in between these two games?
    Whatever it was, it was probably the same thing that happened in between Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Dreamland 3.