Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atari 400/800 Game carts - Computer Games.WORTH?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    I am absolutely dumbfounded by your total disregard for reality.
    If you were local I would have bought every Atari cart you had for $0.50 which is what you wanted for them, with shipping it would cost too much though. I wouldn't buy them for $2 each because I'm not looking for Atari commons, I wouldn't buy a copy of Earthbound for $100 either but it still sells for that much. Maybe your areas just suck for local sales compared to mine.

I'd still like to hear your guess for what my Atari with 11 games would be worth, I posted the pics above.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale420 View Post
    Wow. Ummm... Emulators. Let's compare with comic books. I can read all the X-Men ever on the net real cheap, or I can buy compilation graphic novels, or I can scrounge up every old comic. If I did the later, I would be a... collector?
    And I've been collecting for a while now, and I have nothing like all of the commons I want. Resellers are the ones who have a problem paying retail.
    Sure, you can download movies and games for free easily. Does that mean everyone who buys DVDs or games at Wal-Mart is a collector too? Not everyone bothers with pirating everything, they still buy stuff to use without actually being a collector of that stuff. Though it sounds like you're agreeing with me that Atari commons are worth around $2-$3 each, if that's what you mean by retail. I know plenty of collectors who are willing to pay fair market value for games too(as long as they need the titles), but surprisingly at those local video game swap meets it's often been the dealers who bought the most stuff off me for reselling elsewhere. I mostly traded games with other collectors instead of selling to them.

Whenever I've sold common Atari games it's always been to someone who either had a console as a kid and wanted to get another one with some games again to show off to their friends/children/co-workers, or some younger person(teens or early 20's) who just wanted a system and games to mess around with because it's "retro". It's never(or almost never) been someone who's been actively collecting for years or decades. With Atari, NES, SNES or Genesis stuff it's often been bought by parents for their kids to play with, it's the same with most Gameboy/GBA/DS games I've sold. Most long time collectors are used to finding common games cheap or in bundles so they won't buy them individually anymore unless they're dirt cheap, it's why several people in this thread are arguing that common Atari games are completely worthless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post

I'd still like to hear your guess for what my Atari with 11 games would be worth, I posted the pics above.
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but with those boxed games like River Raid II, Pete Rose, and Commando, I should think you did very, very well

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but with those boxed games like River Raid II, Pete Rose, and Commando, I should think you did very, very well
    I did originally aim the question at everyone so I'm happy with any input . I was a bit curious if I actually priced it too low. I never sold complete or boxed Atari games before, it's usually just loose common games.

I just priced it all at $80 and it sold in 2 days with multiple replies. The boxes were really all beat up so I wasn't looking to get top dollar, when you pick up a box the flaps usually open up. Still, whenever I have spare Atari stuff listed it's usually just loose commons and it still sells within a week. Not Intellivision stuff though, for pre-NES systems it's usually Atari or Coleco stuff that sells ok. I wish everything else I had sold as well as Atari stuff.

Plus I couldn't find many examples of complete copies for the good games you mentioned. I either saw complete ones in excellent condition or not at all. Here's a complete copy of Commando for example.
    http://item.ebay.com/330581770323

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I did originally aim the question at everyone so I'm happy with any input . I was a bit curious if I actually priced it too low. I never sold complete or boxed Atari games before, it's usually just loose common games.

I just priced it all at $80 and it sold in 2 days with multiple replies. The boxes were really all beat up so I wasn't looking to get top dollar, when you pick up a box the flaps usually open up. Still, whenever I have spare Atari stuff listed it's usually just loose commons and it still sells within a week. Not Intellivision stuff though, for pre-NES systems it's usually Atari or Coleco stuff that sells ok. I wish everything else I had sold as well as Atari stuff.

Plus I couldn't find many examples of complete copies for the good games you mentioned. I either saw complete ones in excellent condition or not at all. Here's a complete copy of Commando for example.
    http://item.ebay.com/330581770323
    $80 for that lot is very good. I was going to say $100 but I was close.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Mario Bros. is worth mentioning also, I would have guessed about 100 also.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I tried to get the lot, but he's sellin them for someone else who wants to see what Ebay will bring (2kmonies). I need a dang Basic cart, but if Choplifter and Q Bert hadn't been there, I'd have passed. Watching it on Ebay now
    I hope you win them..Good Luck....No bids yet and the price is close to what I feel you were happy with../ends soon..
    The guy I am selling these for watches my auctions as a lot of stuff I have listed(non game stuff) is his..
    So if they sell the monies going to him and he'll see the price they sold for..(less fees and shipping)

If they don't sell they are going back to him and back to the other guy as I can only spend so much time and $$ to do this stuff..

I hope they sell...You see one hand washes the other..I help him and he helps me..If I can't make sales then there is no use helping him out and where I just lose money.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Thanks, I'm watchin em close. I completely understand, and no offense was intended. I have a rpg/board game guy I trade/sell stuff to/for frequently, so I know how it can be. The was cause I hate getting sniped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Thanks, I'm watchin em close. I completely understand, and no offense was intended. I have a rpg/board game guy I trade/sell stuff to/for frequently, so I know how it can be. The was cause I hate getting sniped.
    Oh no,no offense was taken......

He's to give me a bunch of (cd type) computer games the next time I see him and I plan to sell it all with a bunch of other computer game stuff I have..

Nothing like the games we are talking about though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

It is important to keep those flesh-n-blood contacts happy. I've gotten some gems from my board game guy. My Nomad came from him, 2 Colecovisions, a couple Game & Watches, countless games...
    He's gotten some pretty sweet games from me though too. I don't like counting out 500 piece war games and determining which edition of the rules it is, if the pieces are all original, yadda yadda. He don't like to wear out his AV jacks on the TV. So it works out. Sounds like you have a similiar relationship.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Gonna be too busy to play sniper games tomorrow, so I bid now. So it'll sell, anyway

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Gonna be too busy to play sniper games tomorrow, so I bid now. So it'll sell, anyway

esnipe.com set it and forget it. Not that hard.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    esnipe.com set it and forget it. Not that hard.
    Thanks so much! I won't retract my current bid, cause I'm not a dick. But next time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

It is important to keep those flesh-n-blood contacts happy. I've gotten some gems from my board game guy. My Nomad came from him, 2 Colecovisions, a couple Game & Watches, countless games...
    He's gotten some pretty sweet games from me though too. I don't like counting out 500 piece war games and determining which edition of the rules it is, if the pieces are all original, yadda yadda. He don't like to wear out his AV jacks on the TV. So it works out. Sounds like you have a similiar relationship.

Yes..

and thanks for bidding..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

NP, same price basically. Hope I get em!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

NP, same price basically. Hope I get em!
    Thank you for the purchase,I shipped the package today at 3:34pm
    My wife came home early so I was able to get my packages out today.

LMK if they work..