Thread: Name a system you have no desire to play again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saturn. Had one for a while, really liked it, but I played the games I wanted to play on it (PD Saga, Dragon Force). I don't see myself ever getting another one, although it is a great console. Also, the Bally Astrocade. I pulled mine out of the closet once every 5 years, played it for a day and that's it. I finally sold it on eBay a couple months ago.

I do still play PS1 games from time to time - for some games the early 3D is a bit jarring at first but you get used to it. There are also a lot of emulator packs and more 2D-ish types of games.

To each their own, but I'm really surprised by peoples' responses here.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

XBox 360 and PS3. Current gen sucks and I have absolutely no desire to play any of it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SonicBoom's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonicsalt99 (PS, I'm Not on a lot)
    PSN
    Sonicsalt99

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    XBox 360 and PS3. Current gen sucks and I have absolutely no desire to play any of it.
    I Don't care much for them. But there is a few cool things. I Only have a Xbox 360 and haven't used in months. NES, Atari, And Sega for life!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

N64? Dreamcast? PSX?

Despite being anti Nintendo, the good games that the N64 has are some of the best games ever developed. Amazing console if you're a fan of multiplayer with some friends over, as well as some, although very few, great single player games.

Unfortunately for the Dreamcast, most of its best games have been ported to other consoles, such as Phantasy Star Online, Grandia 2, Skies of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi, Dead or Alive 2, Resident Evil Code Veronica, among others. It's got some great exclusives(and ports) Shenmue, Dynamite Cop, Sword of the Berserk Gut's Revenge, Carrier, Soul Reaver(which looks better than the PSX version,) etc. For having a very small library it's certainly got a lot of great games.

The PSX is the single greatest console of all time, only bested by the PS2 and PS3 if you were to take backwards compatibility into consideration. While being the greatest console of all time is opinion only, you can't deny that there aren't games that you like unless you just haven't played them. If you're an RPG fan then it's easily the best console of all time, but I could list atleast 100 great games for the console that aren't even in the RPG genre.

--

If it's not current or last gen, I don't play the game on its native console. So really, any past console I own I have no desire to play again because I play all games through emulation.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-21-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    If you're an RPG fan then it's easily the best console of all time
    I prefer SNES. If you include Super Famicom games, I feel the system easily trumps the PlayStation in RPGs, but even if you don't, the small selection of US RPGs includes some of the best RPGs ever made, in my opinion. PlayStation may have a lot to pick from, but very few come close to the quality of stuff like Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, and Lufia II.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBoom View Post
    NES, Atari, And Sega for life!
    Damn straight. I don't know how most people aren't absolutely sick and tired of FPS after FPS after FPS. Its hard to picture a game that doesn't have a goddamn gunsight in the middle of the screen.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SonicBoom's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonicsalt99 (PS, I'm Not on a lot)
    PSN
    Sonicsalt99

Damn straight. I don't know how most people aren't absolutely sick and tired of FPS after FPS after FPS. Its hard to picture a game that doesn't have a goddamn gunsight in the middle of the screen.
    Right? There all the same. The only FPS i like are Doom And Wolfenstein!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBoom View Post
    Right? There all the same. The only FPS i like are Doom And Wolfenstein!
    If you ran for President of Video Games, you would have my vote and undying support! I love Wolfenstein and Doom. I use to like James Bond and Perfect Dark for the N64, but their appeal is gone for me now.

I blame Halo for the FPS scourge. The game itself is not bad, per se; it is the after effect that I resent as FPS are a cancer that spreads and kills anything else in the video game market.* I have younger friends who can play nothing but FPS games because, to them, that is what video games are. So very sad. On top of them crapping on the game market, they are also marketing tools for the United States military, which would not be such a bad thing if the US was less neo-imperialistic in our world affairs.

*Yes, yes. I am using a bit of hyperbole, but there is a truth to this overly dramatic analogy, unfortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BydoEmpire View Post
    Saturn. Had one for a while, really liked it, but I played the games I wanted to play on it (PD Saga, Dragon Force). I don't see myself ever getting another one, although it is a great console. Also, the Bally Astrocade. I pulled mine out of the closet once every 5 years, played it for a day and that's it. I finally sold it on eBay a couple months ago.

I do still play PS1 games from time to time - for some games the early 3D is a bit jarring at first but you get used to it. There are also a lot of emulator packs and more 2D-ish types of games.

To each their own, but I'm really surprised by peoples' responses here.
    The Saturn was a nice upgrade coming from a Genesis to play for a year or two, but the PSOne had the better graphics and superior library and seemed to be everyones main system for 1998 along with the N64. I remember reading magazine in 97 and just seeing the Saturn die out each issue with lowering prices and with less and less reviews.

I Know alot of legendary RPG'S are for the Saturn, but the controller was always inferior IMHO and the graphics looked noticably subpar if u came from having a PSONE first.