Thread: The general Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) appreciation thread.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had quite a few fond memories growing up during the Nes days. One Xmas I got Lifeforce and Renegade, and though Lifeforce was already a fav renter for me, I had never played Renegade before, and ended up liking it a bit more then Double Dragon 1. Beating it felt like a achievement back then, because some of the areas seemed to require a bit more strategy then Double Dragon did. There was other times, like when I had rented Tecmo World Wrestling and beat it. That game seemed amazing at the time it was released.

Prob the most Nes games I ever owned as a kid was maybe in the mid 20 range. Back then it was stuff like Bad Dudes, Double Dragon 1-2, The Punisher, Bionic Commando, SMB 2-3, Castlevania 2, ShatterHand, Street Fighter 2010, etc. I did get to rent quite a bit back then too, but was limited to 3 diff rental places, most only having maybe 30-50 games on hand. One place called MovieLand though had a massive amount of Nes games on hand to rent, and also sold games for 10 bucks a pop, so I was able to pick up solid titles on the cheap there.

Regardless, there was a lot of games that I really just missed out on, so now I have my main Nes deck, a few spares, and a tad over 100 games, many of which I didn't get to play as a kid, or played a little via renting but never beat. What I have on Nes right now is in the pic below:

UPCLOSE:

Last edited by PC-ENGINE HELL; 11-21-2011 at 11:10 PM.