Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wongojack
    PSN
    wongojack

I have an older brother and I would play 2600 games with him and his best friend. The friend had a way to pirate 2600 games that I still don't understand, but as a result, I got my first experience with classics like Space Invaders, Pac Man, Asteroids and Missile Command on the 2600.

Since I was just as vulnerable as any 5-7 year old to the Chuck-E-Cheese phenomenon, I got sucked into the arcade as soon as I could reach the controls. Glowing, hypnotic images of Dirk the Daring later brought me back into the arcades of Virginia Beach's malls when the newest game was a whopping 75 cents and my parents usually refused to pay.

I whiled away the desperate months after the video game crash with my C64 which was the first computer that I (eventually) had in my own room. Years passed, and I only had inklings through friends of how great the mythical Amiga was. . . I did opt for a NES eventually, but as I got older and was distracted with things like basketball practice, school plays, and AP government tests, I found myself going back to the great games of the 64 - It was still hooked up when I left for college.

I took a break from gaming and was brought back to it (again by my brother) with the advent of 3d exploration and the pointy boobs of Lara Croft. The 'Playstation Era' lasted quite a long time for me and everything after that is not really retro gaming IMO.

I found Digipress with the help of member 98pacecar who recently took my entire (broken) Commodore collection off my hands. I was happy to find a competent collector here in Dallas who would give it a good home.

I play lots of "modern" games, but my love for the classics was reinvigorated in the past years by the GP32x. Wiz. I've done a fair amount of posting on gp32x.com, gamegavel, atariage, lemon64, gamefaqs and others as wongojack.

I'll add a personal top games list here as that seems like a good way to get some rep. These are not in order but are listed chronologically.

Pitfall 2600
    Pirates! C64
    Superstar Ice Hockey C64
    The Legend of Zelda NES
    Wing Commander PC
    Tomb Raider PS1
    Resident Evil PS1
    Madden NFL 200x PS1
    God of War PS2
    Mass Effect 360

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Many hello's to you all, I am JC but am known as Dreammary or The Uninvited Gremlin depending on the forum. I am a member of FamicomWorld, NintendoAGE, AtariAGE and quite a few other forums. Anyways... I am not good at introducing myself... so yea, hello.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey all, i'm a US guy into US games!
    atm, i'm getting pretty into my DC and my TG16, so i'm always looking for those.
    other than that, I'm just a working class schmuck.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Hey everybody! I'm Junkyrdsalesman! I'm a 17 year old novice collector who has been collecting for about 2 years now. My preferred systems are ps1 and ps2, some ps3, DS and Saturn. Hope we can get along and help each other learn new things

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChrisJC85

Hey guys, my name's Chris I'm from Sydney Australia. I came across these forums recently while searching for information regarding ColecoVision games and figured I'd sign up and say hello.

I love all retro games and platforms, but my favourites are SMS I and II, Colecovision and SNES. My first game was Alex Kidd in Miracle World that came built into the Master System console. This was in the late 80's-early 90's and I've been hooked ever since!

The systems I own/collect games for are:

- Sega Master System II
    - Super Nintendo
    - Sega Saturn
    - Nintendo 64

I work as a chartered accountant irl and actually began collecting fairly recently. This was because my parents had donated the consoles/games I had as a kid to relatives and family friends, and I was unable to track them down. Decided to try my luck on eBay and have since picked up SMS and SNES machines along with several games to start me off

I'm keen to join the various discussions on this board and talk about all things retro gaming.

Thanks,

Chris
    Last edited by Christopher; 12-17-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I"m MisterRowland. I'm 31, live in Central Kentucky and I work as a product engineer for a printer manufacturer. I've been playing video games since I was 8 and bought my NES. Right now I'm pretty much collecting for every system I've ever owned, since I still have all of them. Some of my favorite games are Punch-Out, Bart Vs the Space Mutants, Madden series, and the Assassin's Creed Series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wongojack View Post
    I have an older brother and I would play 2600 games with him and his best friend. The friend had a way to pirate 2600 games that I still don't understand, but as a result, I got my first experience with classics like Space Invaders, Pac Man, Asteroids and Missile Command on the 2600.

Since I was just as vulnerable as any 5-7 year old to the Chuck-E-Cheese phenomenon, I got sucked into the arcade as soon as I could reach the controls. Glowing, hypnotic images of Dirk the Daring later brought me back into the arcades of Virginia Beach's malls when the newest game was a whopping 75 cents and my parents usually refused to pay.

I whiled away the desperate months after the video game crash with my C64 which was the first computer that I (eventually) had in my own room. Years passed, and I only had inklings through friends of how great the mythical Amiga was. . . I did opt for a NES eventually, but as I got older and was distracted with things like basketball practice, school plays, and AP government tests, I found myself going back to the great games of the 64 - It was still hooked up when I left for college.

I took a break from gaming and was brought back to it (again by my brother) with the advent of 3d exploration and the pointy boobs of Lara Croft. The 'Playstation Era' lasted quite a long time for me and everything after that is not really retro gaming IMO.

I found Digipress with the help of member 98pacecar who recently took my entire (broken) Commodore collection off my hands. I was happy to find a competent collector here in Dallas who would give it a good home.

I play lots of "modern" games, but my love for the classics was reinvigorated in the past years by the GP32x. Wiz. I've done a fair amount of posting on gp32x.com, gamegavel, atariage, lemon64, gamefaqs and others as wongojack.

I'll add a personal top games list here as that seems like a good way to get some rep. These are not in order but are listed chronologically.

Pitfall 2600
    Pirates! C64
    Superstar Ice Hockey C64
    The Legend of Zelda NES
    Wing Commander PC
    Tomb Raider PS1
    Resident Evil PS1
    Madden NFL 200x PS1
    God of War PS2
    Mass Effect 360
    Welcome to the forums! 98pacecar is a great guy.

I would also list Pitfall, Pirates!, and Wing Commander among my favorite games. I like your taste!