Quote Originally Posted by wongojack View Post
I have an older brother and I would play 2600 games with him and his best friend. The friend had a way to pirate 2600 games that I still don't understand, but as a result, I got my first experience with classics like Space Invaders, Pac Man, Asteroids and Missile Command on the 2600.

Since I was just as vulnerable as any 5-7 year old to the Chuck-E-Cheese phenomenon, I got sucked into the arcade as soon as I could reach the controls. Glowing, hypnotic images of Dirk the Daring later brought me back into the arcades of Virginia Beach's malls when the newest game was a whopping 75 cents and my parents usually refused to pay.

I whiled away the desperate months after the video game crash with my C64 which was the first computer that I (eventually) had in my own room. Years passed, and I only had inklings through friends of how great the mythical Amiga was. . . I did opt for a NES eventually, but as I got older and was distracted with things like basketball practice, school plays, and AP government tests, I found myself going back to the great games of the 64 - It was still hooked up when I left for college.

I took a break from gaming and was brought back to it (again by my brother) with the advent of 3d exploration and the pointy boobs of Lara Croft. The 'Playstation Era' lasted quite a long time for me and everything after that is not really retro gaming IMO.

I found Digipress with the help of member 98pacecar who recently took my entire (broken) Commodore collection off my hands. I was happy to find a competent collector here in Dallas who would give it a good home.

I play lots of "modern" games, but my love for the classics was reinvigorated in the past years by the GP32x. Wiz. I've done a fair amount of posting on gp32x.com, gamegavel, atariage, lemon64, gamefaqs and others as wongojack.

I'll add a personal top games list here as that seems like a good way to get some rep. These are not in order but are listed chronologically.

Pitfall 2600
Pirates! C64
Superstar Ice Hockey C64
The Legend of Zelda NES
Wing Commander PC
Tomb Raider PS1
Resident Evil PS1
Madden NFL 200x PS1
God of War PS2
Mass Effect 360
Welcome to the forums! 98pacecar is a great guy.

I would also list Pitfall, Pirates!, and Wing Commander among my favorite games. I like your taste!