Thread: January 2012 Finds!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

I've been real busy this month but I had the chance to travel to Tennessee with the aunt and uncle last weekend and found some great things there and at the local thrift store where my grandmother lives.

Basket of PS2 stuff (slim power brick, AV cable, broken controller) was $3

The Sega Saturn games were $5 apiece. The thrift store I grabbed these from had others for $5 apiece but nothing valuable or anything I didn't have already. May grab them next time just for the hell of it if they're still in the store.

Phantasy Star was $5 at a flea market.

The knife was $9 at a knife shop in Tennessee.

Not pictured: Two vintage safety razors for $1 apiece, a Pyle turntable for $10, a Yamaha CD changer for $10, an old Yamaha SG-999 record player/tuner for $5 (broken), and a couple of vintage PC games still in my car which I'll post tomorrow. Glider 4.0 boxed, Tie Fighter boxed, two Carmen Sandiego (floppy games, boxed), and many assorted manuals for old games. Oh yea, and I had a moment of nostalgia and picked up NARC (PS2) for $3. Loved that game as a teenager.

*If anyone is interested in one of the Saturn games, let me know. The only one I would have any interest in keeping in Sonic 3D Blast but I have a copy already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic(Xbox) $5
    Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic 2(Xbox) $5
    Mario Party 6(GC) $5
    Midway Arcade Treasures(Xbox) $3
    The Eye of Judgement(PS3) $3
    Nintendo: White Knuckle Scorin Cd $3
    Aliens Vs. Predator: Prey novel 50 cents
    Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy novel 50 cents
    Resident Evil: Caliban Cove novel 50 cents
    Splinter Cell: Endgame novel 60 cents

The two Star Wars: Kotor games and Mario Party 6 were from a pawn shop. It felt good finally getting a good deal from there. They had a few unmarked Mario games for various systems and their rule is that all Mario games(regardless of system) are priced to atleast $20(Nes, Snes, N64 and so on). The only reason I got away with the Mario Party game is because the lady told me that all Xbox and Gamecube games were $5 each before I even started looking.

All the other games and novels were from different Goodwill's. I know the EOJ game isn't playable without a camera but I'll probably use it for it's case if I can't move it. I really need to read these Splinter Cell novels since I now have all 5 of them. This was the last one released(that I know of) and is a companion to the last game, Splinter Cell: Conviction. And then we have this weird ass Nintendo cd. At first I thought it was a bootleg but it's an officially licensed Nintendo cd with artist of the time(early 90's) and the cd booklet features an original multi-page comic story starring Mario, Luigi, the Princess and other characters from their universe. Definitely something that would interest the hardcore Nintendo fans out there.

The Orange Box(Pc) $4
    Half-Life: GOTY edition(Pc) $3
    F.E.A.R. 3(360) $12.50
    Cooking Mama 2(Ds) $3
    Turbo Tax 2007 $3
    Quicken 2003 $1
    Mario Golf 64 manual(N64) 50 cents

I keep telling myself I won't pick up any more Pc games unless they are rare and yet I still grab what I feel are interesting finds. The two Valve games are not rare by any stretch of the imagination but between them you have every Half-Life and Team Fortress game released to date, not counting expansions. It's too bad the original Half-Life never got released for the 360.

This was the cheapest I found F.E.A.R. 3 for so now I have to finish F.E.A.R. 2 so I can play this. I know the online multiplayer lobbies will have been long dead by the time I get there. And I'm hoping that the two Intuit software pieces will allow simply updates to the current versions. I was told from a friend that Turbo Tax does allow you to do that as long as you have a legit copy. I might email their customer service first just to make sure.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 01-18-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    And then we have this weird ass Nintendo cd. At first I thought it was a bootleg but it's an officially licensed Nintendo cd with artist of the time(early 90's) and the cd booklet features an original multi-page comic story starring Mario, Luigi, the Princess and other characters from their universe. Definitely something that would interest the hardcore Nintendo fans out there.
    Yep, guess who else has a copy.

Mine has a hole on the UPC, which sucks. And pay attention to the songs! They actually have a story behind them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

Quote Originally Posted by FamicomFreak View Post
    Just as a side note, I sold a MINTY CIB Gameboy, that even had the plastic condoms and installation instructions for the batteries. At the time it was the only CIB GameBoy on eBay and sold for $85 plus shipping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Yep, guess who else has a copy.

Mine has a hole on the UPC, which sucks. And pay attention to the songs! They actually have a story behind them!
    Whats weird is that when I found this cd the first thing I thought of was you. You always manage to find those weird but cool items that most of us will never see in the wild. I don't think I'm going to listen to the cd though but I might read the comic story in the cd booklet.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shipwreckers! $2
    N2O $2
    Vanark $7

Marvel vs. Capcom $20
    Capcom vs. SNK $13
    Namco Museum $4
    18 Wheeler $2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ownerizer View Post
    Just as a side note, I sold a MINTY CIB Gameboy, that even had the plastic condoms and installation instructions for the batteries. At the time it was the only CIB GameBoy on eBay and sold for $85 plus shipping.
    Wow really? I have it for 30 with two games on the bay loL!
    Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    I've been real busy this month but I had the chance to travel to Tennessee with the aunt and uncle last weekend and found some great things there and at the local thrift store where my grandmother lives.

Where abouts in Tennessee? Every thrift I check for games usually wangs chung.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

Been working mandatory overtime this week, but I found time to swing a craigslist deal.

I got these 6 360 games for $30, basically $5 each:

Call of Duty 2 CIB
    Halo 3 CIB
    Battlefield 2 CIB
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CIB
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter CIB
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare (missing instructions, has some artbook, already sourced a replacement manual)

I'm a huge FPS nut, and some of these I already have, so I be sending my dupes to a friend and a 360 I fixed. Excited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

All I found today were a Jurassic Park: The Lost World - Raptor Run LCD handheld by Milton Bradley and a TMNT Basketball handheld from Konami, 99¢ for both, and an unopened Griffin iTripAuto for $1.98 (it's an FM transmitter and charger for iPods) as a back-up charger for my iPod Touch.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While I was out today I found a copy of Championship Soccer '94 for Sega CD...with no disc in the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat View Post
    While I was out today I found a copy of Championship Soccer '94 for Sega CD...with no disc in the case.
    I feel for you, dude. I've done that on several occasions. So many thrifts tape game and jewel cases shut, but the little old ladies in the back room sorting through that day's donations don't really know or care that the correct game might be inside or even if there's anything in the case. I've had that happen with a Movie Trading Company store a couple of times, a chain who's employees should know better. Bought a Japanese import Airforce Delta for the DC from them, set it aside because I couldn't find my DC Gameshark to load it, then a year open it up to find an American Hydro Thunder inside. I bought a Sega CD game (can't remember which one) from a store on the far side of Dallas only to discover there's no disc inside and it's too far to go back, especially for a $5 game. This kind of thing has happened to me probably a dozen times or more. After a while, you just have to roll with the punches (and ask if you can open the cases at the register before paying) and know that it's going to happen occasionally. After all, an AOL CD-ROM is just as much fun to play as that rare PS1 game you thought it was, isn't it?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So wife told me there was a garage sale 2 doors down from us, so i went. I found the cool old toys for $5 for all of them, asked if he had any old video game stuff for hte heck of it and he said yeah i have a jaguar and a few games, didn't expect him to pull out all CIB stuff, he said you can have it for $15 for all of it, i was very happy

BY THE WAY, THE TOYS ARE FOR TRADE, I DON'T COLLECT OLD TOYS, SO I WOULD LOVE TO TRADE FOR SOME GAME STUFF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

I'm determined to post pics regularly, so here you go.

Fist of Mars was $7.50 on eBay, and VC2 was $17 at Zone-1 in Helena.

This came from eBay. I found the cart in 2008 for $10, and have been looking for the box and maps at a reasonable price. They eluded me until last Saturday, when this listing showed-up for $90 BIN or best-offer. The seller and I made a deal for......$75! I used $26 from my gift card and took the rest out of fifty-something I had in Paypal credit. Tonight, I'm testing the cart and flipping it to get my Paypal credit back. When all is said and done, I basically paid with the gift-card alone. (Not counting fees that'll come-up, but I have room to eat those.)

Now for the manual and I'm all set.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Got out to a couple thrifts yesterday. Picked up 2 NES ac adapters for 2.50 each, controller for 2, GBA sp ac for 3, and some ink for 1.50 or so. Is the Casiotone MT-41 worth anything? I know someone on here is into these things, but can't remember who. I thought it seemed pretty cool and more like a real synth than most of the little ones I see. It was $8. Last was the player piano roll: Under Venetian Skies. There was a whole box of these and I just picked one out because it was neat. I'll probably hang it on a big stairway wall or something.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Three things today:

PlayStation Underground Jampack Summer 2K

I bought this because it had Tomba! 2 on it, but it also has a demo of Ore No Ryouri! Absolutely worth it.

Tiger Woods '99 (PS1)- I know this is the one that had an episode of South Park on it, but I cannot get zzdummy.dat to play at all. Anyone have this version? Maybe I have a fixed version...

X-COM: Interceptor- It's by Micro Prose and is set in space. Even though I've never heard of it, it has to be awesome with that behind it.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ventured over to Oobgarm's part of town today to look around. While I didn't indulge in Roy Rogers while out there, I did find a mom n' pop store that relocated further out. The only thing I managed to find was a cart only copy of DK King of Swing on GBA for $6. I'm rather surprised it was priced so low but I wasn't about to complain. Once I got it home I paired it up with a box and book for the game I've had for forever and now have a complete copy.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Is the Casiotone MT-41 worth anything?
    Kind of, at least overseas it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140677789913

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Kind of, at least overseas it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140677789913
    Thanks, didn't see that one. The MT-40 has one US auction I saw, but I know so little about these I don't know what to make of it for the one I found.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat View Post
    That sucks, I had that happen with a Dreamcast game the other day.

I actually have an extra loose copy of Championship Soccer that needs a case, so if it isn't a whole lot in the store and it's not a big deal, I'd be willing to reimburse you if you'd be willing to pick up that box and ship it to me. PM me if you're interested!!