Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I take it back; I'm never going to get used to these shitty controls in Bubsy on Super Nintendo, haha. The farther I get in the game, the more that the issues are just exacerbated. Man, what a turd. I can't believe there are people that actually really enjoy this game. I mean, it's not completely unplayable, but that almost makes it all the worse. If it was just impossible to deal with, it would be easy to brush off, but it's playable enough to be beatable, yet not remotely enjoyable. At best, it's just boring, like in the fairly easy early stages, and later it's aggravating, with the frequent deaths from slipping around and crap you can't even see or, in an attempt to avoid that, the constant need to grind the action to a halt by stopping and scrolling the screen forward to see what's ahead. Since the game is so lame, I decided to kind of "cheat". The game only gives a password every three stages, but there are actually passwords that go directly to each stage. If I can get up to a stage with more than the default amount of lives, then using a password to skip the busywork of repeating the previous stages isn't giving me any advantage. In fact, it's placing me at a disadvantage, but anything to reduce my time with this game, haha.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's been a while since I posted what I have been playing!

Thanks to my "new" PS3 I have been playing a lot of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and Little Big Planet. I was able to get them pretty cheap at Gamestop. I also gave Flingsmash for the Wii some game time because I found it (sans controller - which I have anyway) for $9.99 at Gamestop.

I was not aware of the ability of the PS3 to play PS1 games (I don't have the instruction manual and it didn't dawn on me to look it up online). I knew the newer models (I have the 320 gb) would not play PS2 games. I popped in Namco Museum Vol. 1 just for kicks and was pleasantly surprised that it would not only play it, but gave me options to make it look better on my HDTV. I hate to say it, but the PS1 games look horrendous for the most part on the newer tv I have. The PS3 rectifies that quite well. I popped in Need For Speed 2 and III to prove my point. I may actually play them more often! I put in Lunar Silver Star Story Complete in next and ended up playing for an hour and a half before I shut it off! I have beaten the game twice since we originally got it way back in 2001 or 2002 but I still love the game.

My only issue that I have (soon to be corrected) is that I am stuck with saves on my old memory card. I found an adapter that solves that problem. It seems the Codebreaker disc I have isn't working with the PS3. It loads the "This is NOT licensed" screen but does not progress past that. Oh, well. Cheaters never win, right?
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I gave my Dreamcast a run for the first time in years. Played a bit of Jet Grind Radio, and discovered I kind of suck at it. It took me a couple of tries to get through the tutorial level where you have to grab onto the back of a vehicle to go uphill.

I eventually switched over to Grandia II, and played the first 45 minutes of the game. I've already beaten the game years ago, but I just wanted to play up to one of my favorite scenes.

Ryudo and Elena have just escaped from a tower that has been corrupted by darkness. Elena is all "woe is me" and refuses to move. Ryudo responds with this humorous line: "Hey! The power of darkness isn't coming this way to tell about the neighborhood bake sale! We need to leave!"