Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genesaturn View Post
    Sega fan's are a special breed of people I suppose lol
    If by that you mean Sega fans are God's chosen people, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

The quality of Sega's consoles goes;

Genesis/Sega CD/32X > Saturn > Sega Master System > Game Gear > Dreamcast

Saturn and SMS are pretty close though with quality, most of the good games for either system are rare or expensive and most people won't be playing them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Eh SMS I'd put over the Saturn. Also aside from getting raped stupid for a UPC sticker on Sonic or Buster Douglas Boxing there's really nothing that's truly 'expensive' for the system if we're talking USA releases other than maybe Power Strike that hits around $50 as can Golden Axe Warrior when it's complete too though it can go for $40 easily as well(which is what I got it for.) Most those SMS games complete fall into the sub-$10 range and a great many of the rest in the $20 or under area.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Eh SMS I'd put over the Saturn. Also aside from getting raped stupid for a UPC sticker on Sonic or Buster Douglas Boxing there's really nothing that's truly 'expensive' for the system if we're talking USA releases other than maybe Power Strike that hits around $50 as can Golden Axe Warrior when it's complete too though it can go for $40 easily as well(which is what I got it for.) Most those SMS games complete fall into the sub-$10 range and a great many of the rest in the $20 or under area.
    SMS or Saturn could go either way in terms of which one is better, to me they're really that close so I won't argue either way about it. For either system there's only a handful of games I'd be interested in, less than 10 each that I'd try to get. I consider any game more than $50 to be expensive, even $20 is more than I'd normally spend on a game. For the SMS the good games are mostly over $50 complete, or European exclusives which are hard to find in North America. The easiest one to find is Phantasy Star. I don't really care that much about the cheaper titles. Phantasy Star and Golden Axe Warrior are the two games I think of with the SMS, I'd have to struggle a bit to think of other games I want to eventually play. Saturn has some games I want to get too, but they're not cheap titles either.

Still better than the Dreamcast, there's not a single title I can think of that I'd want to play again. I'm thinking of exclusives that weren't also released on other consoles.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. I knew this would be harsh just reading the thread title.

I agree with the N64. Just not my kind of thing. Haven't enjoyed 3D platforming(among other things) at all. Plus that gamepad. I have no idea how anyone could find that comfortable, but then I just read a comment about how someone found the Genesis pad uncomfortable, and I always thought that was one of the more comfortable pads I've held.

For a lot of the same reasons as the N64, I could also say the Gamecube. Nothing seemed all that interesting to me.

Sega's 8-bit side. could just be a thing of never having had them when I was younger, but there just doesn't seem to be anything there that holds my interest, that the NES or Genesis didn't have competent enough versions of already.

I love the Genesis and the Dreamcast, but everything else in between... The Sega CD & Saturn, there might be 2-3 games I'd have any interest in...

Not that one should ever have to defend their position, but in the case of the Dreamcast, It was pretty much the last shot for arcade style gaming, which is what I prefer these days. That is where I believe others probably had issue with it, they just expect longer games since going 3D.

At this stage, I won't touch anything past the SNES, barring the next couple generations of Nintendo handhelds(Color & Advance), or just 2D cartridges for short.

Someone brought up how they couldn't play anything as simplistic as the 2600, but I almost prefer that, truth be told. I'll always love the 3rd and 4th generation, but the NES pretty much turned the hobby into something of a job with the whole "get to the end" thing. So I like the concept of something you play for however long/as many times as you choose to, as opposed to getting toward the scripted ending.

That's why I think sports, racing, wrestling, fighting, and some puzzle games are pretty much the best genres. You play those as much as you want to. Beat 'em ups, however, remain my favorite.

I know I already started going off topic at the end, but way off topic: Where can you find the animations in Tanooki's sig?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think there's any systems I'd never play again. Every system has its faults, but none so bad that it makes them unplayable... even the Jaguar has its saving graces. I played the snot outta Tempest 2000 and Kasumi Ninja back in the day and loved every minute of it. Never owned a PC-FX but want one for homebrew, plus Ryphecha (I think) did a partial translation of Miraculum and it seemed like a cool game. Definitely want a Dreamcast for homebrew but have never played one (only an emulator). I just stick to the PC Engine for homebrew for now... would never ever give that up. I have never played a Virtual Boy... but that may end up breaking my "there's no systems I'd never play again" mantra if I ever do.
    New PC Engine games coming:
    Jungle Bros | Monolith