Thread: VITA owners UNITE!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    So it's decided then, there will be no uniting of Vita owners.
    I know right. That's what I was thinking. I didn't expect my thread to escalate into this. I wonder if most of the people in this thread even has a Vita. All I have to say is that if people would stop analyzing Sony and their practices and stop debating whether they are going to fail or win, and just pick one up and play it then all of this wouldn't really be a concern. Way too much over analzing in here.

OK, so to those who OWN a Vita. What are your thoughts on it and what made you decide to purchase it? What is your favorite game, and what game is the one you are looking the most forward to? I personally can't wait for Phantasy Star on the Vita. I was thoroughly addicted to PSO on the DS, and it wasn't even that good of a game. On the Vita it can be just as sweet as the PC version, or even better.

Other than the free AR games and now the free Frobisher Says game, I own Madden 13 (bundle), Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, and Rayman. Of those I have played the most of Hot Shots golf, for ANYONE with a Vita, I HIGHLY recommend this game, you don't even have to be a golf fan to love it, it's just FUN. Next favorite of the games I own would have to be Rayman, BEST Rayman game EVER since the original PSX release - if you ask me. It's the formula Rayman should have stuck with. Yeah it's a port but big deal, it's awesome. Wipeout is freaking amazing I admit, I've just been too busy playing Hot Shots and Rayman to put much time into it - same for Madden 13, it's a GOOD game. I am just so consumed with Hot Shots and Rayman I haven't given it a chance.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskool View Post
    I know right. That's what I was thinking. I didn't expect my thread to escalate into this. I wonder if most of the people in this thread even has a Vita. All I have to say is that if people would stop analyzing Sony and their practices and stop debating whether they are going to fail or win, and just pick one up and play it then all of this wouldn't really be a concern. Way too much over analzing in here.

OK, so to those who OWN a Vita. What are your thoughts on it and what made you decide to purchase it? What is your favorite game, and what game is the one you are looking the most forward to? I personally can't wait for Phantasy Star on the Vita. I was thoroughly addicted to PSO on the DS, and it wasn't even that good of a game. On the Vita it can be just as sweet as the PC version, or even better.

Other than the free AR games and now the free Frobisher Says game, I own Madden 13 (bundle), Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, and Rayman. Of those I have played the most of Hot Shots golf, for ANYONE with a Vita, I HIGHLY recommend this game, you don't even have to be a golf fan to love it, it's just FUN. Next favorite of the games I own would have to be Rayman, BEST Rayman game EVER since the original PSX release - if you ask me. It's the formula Rayman should have stuck with. Yeah it's a port but big deal, it's awesome. Wipeout is freaking amazing I admit, I've just been too busy playing Hot Shots and Rayman to put much time into it - same for Madden 13, it's a GOOD game. I am just so consumed with Hot Shots and Rayman I haven't given it a chance.
    Heh, I was just cracking wise, but it's a bit frustrating when even just overtly positive, optimistic discussion about something that's not setting the sales charts on fire catches static from those who like to illustrate things like the current consumer/developer landscape and the potential bleak future for a device like a Vita or a 3DS.

I mean, at the end of the day I'm a realist, I'm not saying that there's no possibility for failure, but generally I like to have positive, optimistic discussions. Games are a hobby that I really enjoy, so even though there's tons of reasons to be defeatist/negative about things, I don't see much of a point wasting breath on listing all the reasons why a portable/handheld system won't weather the storm of the changing industry. That's just me though, anybody else who wants to, well that's all good as long as they don't make things personal.

I've got a few physical games and a shit-ton of downloads that carried over from digital purchases and PLUS downloads on PSN on my Vita, as well as all the free stuff that has been offered. I think the system is amazingly engineered, it has lots of potential, Sony seems to have the store/compatibility with things like PSOne games sorted out and I think that it's just subsisting in the market in a tough time. Cross-play titles and ones that you buy on PS3 and get on Vita and vice/versa are awsome. I'm hoping that it'll get through this and I'm counting on Sony being as scrappy with it as they have been with the PSP. Once a few franchise/tent-pole titles come out that are bundle-worthy it might move more units. If not, maybe they will eventually slash the price and take the hit to get units to the public.

I have very few complaints about the device overall other than the slow pace of new full-fledged titles rolling out at retail, but, I've got PLENTY to play with on it in the way of PSP/PSOne/Minis, so. Yeah. Vita is good.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm holding off on the Vita for now. I really like the hardware and would love to play Uncharted, but the rest of the library doesn't excite me. Plus, I've only had my PSP for about 2 years, so I've been busy putting together a solid collection for it.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

thatesclatedquickly.jpg

So anyways I've owned a Vita since launch and love the thing. I picked one up because the PSP was my personal favorite portable last cycle and I hope that the Vita will delivered that same experience of a wide arrange of titles with an ease of importing the stuff we don't get here, thus far its doing exactly that. Combined with some nice PSP emulation options and PS1 titles and PSN minis make it a great portable system, I do wish there were more games on the horizon to look forward too but the few coming up look fantastic. As has been said over and over the hardware is amazing but personally my favorite feature is the D-pad, really one of the best I have ever used for all game types and if it holds up over time I really hope that Sony starts using it on its controllers because its really really good. lol

My current collection stands at:
    Rayman Origins
    Uncharted: GA
    Disgaea 3
    Mortal Kombat
    Wipeout 2048
    Unit 13
    BlazeBlue
    Gravity Rush
    LBP
    Project Diva F

This isn't mentioning the "core" PS1 RPG library about 20 PSP games like Dissidia 2, God Eater Burst, Disgaea 1-2, etc. and downloaded games like RCR and the like. The console really has a ton of content available on it that's nice to have all in one place with the great hardware controls of the console. I think my favorite game thus far has been Gravity Rush and I really hope we see a sequal that ties the story up and polishes up the game somewhat. The artstyle coupled with the world they created really sucked me in and I'm sure the majority of the time I spent ingame was just enjoying the sensation of flying around the city. I just wish that combat was more indepth then it ended up being and that they utilize the open world aspect better if/when they do a sequel. The city was fun to fly around just had little to do outside of that.

I'm most looking forward to Killzone Mercenary and AC III Liberation. KZ:M's short clip looked great and as a fan of the series I am anways interested in the next installment. A solid FSP game on the handheld would be great too as Burning Skies seemed rather lackluster and I don't really have high hopes for Blops Vita so far. I haven't played an AC game before but the character and setting of Liberation look very interesting, pending reviews I might pick that one up too.

I seriously doubt that this will revive this thread but if you do own a vita get a Hori Grip. I've bought and thrown away pretty much every other amazon grip avaliable and this is the best one IMO. Keeps your hands off the rear touch pad when you don't want them there but keeps in it easy reach when you do. Also has handles that slide up for a more compact package...seriously buy it if you have any issues using the thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I own Madden 13 (bundle), Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, and Rayman. Of those I have played the most of Hot Shots golf, for ANYONE with a Vita, I HIGHLY recommend this game, you don't even have to be a golf fan to love it, it's just FUN. Next favorite of the games I own would have to be Rayman, BEST Rayman game EVER since the original PSX release - if you ask me. It's the formula Rayman should have stuck with. Yeah it's a port but big deal, it's awesome. Wipeout is freaking amazing I admit, I've just been too busy playing Hot Shots and Rayman to put much time into it - same for Madden 13, it's a GOOD game. I am just so consumed with Hot Shots and Rayman I haven't given it a chance.
    I feel pretty much exactly the same way. Hot Shots is the killer app. Fifa is amazing, you should try that. The first Fifa is perfectly fine, so just find a used one for $15 or less. Wipeout is great, but hard. Madden 13 is surprisingly decent after that patch, and it can be had on Ebay for about $17, which is real nice. Super Stardust Delta is awesome. It's a great downloadable title.

Also, that Montezuma game, the freemium game... I play that game A LOT. I've never paid any money to play it. I just did the free games, and that's it. Still, I enjoy playing it.

As for Rayman, that's a game that I need to find somewhere for like $15. I'd buy it in a second. I'm also interested in the new Need For Speed game. I've heard some strange things about the Assassin's Creed game, so not sure about that. I've also heard that the Call of Duty game is really lame. (same guys that did the crappy Resistance vita game)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    I've also heard that the Call of Duty game is really lame. (same guys that did the crappy Resistance vita game)
    I'm no fan of Call of Duty, but the new Call of Duty bashing just because the Resistance game may or may not have sucked is just another case of sheep following the herd. The game isn't out for another three weeks so how do these people know how good or bad the game is?

We've all been collecting for awhile, so I'm assuming we've all been gaming for awhile, but who here hasn't seen developers that may have developed a bad game and then their next title was a much better game. We've also seen developers who have made amazing games, and then release some garbage afterwards. It happens.

One thing that's weird is just how some games professional reviewers just seem to feel the need to hold on a much higher pedestal than others. If you've watched any reviews of Resistance, every one of them mentions that it's not a bad game, it's just a completely average shooter that doesn't live up to the rest of the series. So it's an average shooter and instead of the normal scores you usually see average games getting, it just gets raped when it comes to scoring. Metacritic has a 6/10 average and that's really not a bad score if you're actually scoring it properly(3/5,) but then Binary Domain has a 7.3 average, and has all the exact same complaints, that it's also too average of a shooter. How Binary Domain got a 7.3 average is beyond me. It's so average that there's nothing to the game other than killing a few enemies here and then proceeding to the next area to do the same thing against the same exact enemies the entire game. There are literally three variations of the same robot all six chapters, a robot that uses a mini gun, and then some stages there are a couple small robots that are just and not even a threat . All the enemies have the most stupid AI where they just stand in the same spot letting you kill them. I'm not that great at shooters, and playing the hardest difficult, I died twice on the game and both times it was the exact same boss because my allies are retarded.

Seriously though. Certain games get slammed and then everyone just follows the crowd like a bunch of sheep. Resident Evil 6. The game sucks ass, but I'm sure that most of the people bashing it probably didn't even play atleast the demo before hand. They just saw everyone else hated it and then just used someone elses opinion as their own.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I'm no fan of Call of Duty, but the new Call of Duty bashing just because the Resistance game may or may not have sucked is just another case of sheep following the herd. The game isn't out for another three weeks so how do these people know how good or bad the game is?

I listen to a ton of gaming podcasts. A couple of different podcasts have had guys on them that have actually played the Vita version, and their first impressions were NOT good. Sure, maybe somehow the game ends up dramatcially better than when they got a chance to play it, but I'm not holding my breath... I mean, just play Resistance: BS and see what a mean. BS should stand for something different, lol... Still, I wouldn't mind trying the game out, but no way in hell I'm paying full pop for it. I'll have to pick it up on the cheap..