There actually is one thing about the Wii U I find really appealing...

For me, the most interesting thing about it, is being able to use the Wii U Gamepad as a little portable game station around the house (well 25 feet within the Wii U base console). If only it had a better range. It will be really interesting to see if there is some 3rd party hardware that can "extend" that range. The idea of being able to take that gamepad anywhere around my house and even in the backyard, etc, etc is kinda cool idea. Yeah, I can't take it with me in the car or on a plane, but I still really like the idea of being able to be in bed playing a triple A console game on a decent screen.

I've heard that people have already made lists of all the games that allow you to play it without using a TV at all. I'm not surprised at all by that, because to me, that's the killer app for the thing right now. The fact that you can't play Virtual Console games on it though is an absolute crime against humanity. What the F is up with that ? I mean, imagine playing all of Nintendo's classic games on that gamepad wherever you happen to be in your house (again, within range of the base console).