Thread: Classic Nintendo Cartoons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

On The Super Mario Bros Super Show, I liked the live action content and I liked Zelda, but didn't like Mario too much. I tried watching the cartoons a few years ago and went through the Zelda series, but I watched a few of the Mario series before I quit watching them. I also own a Super Mario Bros Super Show tape with the first episode of Zelda on it. I watched this a lot as a kid. Practically memorized the video I've seen it so much, not just the cartoon, but the Quik commercial, and both live action episodes.

One thing I remember is they used to show Super Mario Bros 3 worlds and stages before the beginning of the episodes as well, but didn't see them on the episodes I watched. Were those late in the life of the tv show or was there another Mario series as well?

I don't remember Mega Man, but watched the first episode on the Anniversary Collection and liked it. I also remember Captain N, but not sure if I liked it. I remember not liking how they portrayed Simon Belmont(or was it Trevor?)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 01-20-2013 at 03:28 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    On The Super Mario Bros Super Show, I liked the live action content and I liked Zelda, but didn't like Mario too much. I tried watching the cartoons a few years ago and went through the Zelda series, but I watched a few of the Mario series before I quit watching them. I also own a Super Mario Bros Super Show tape with the first episode of Zelda on it. I watched this a lot as a kid. Practically memorized the video I've seen it so much, not just the cartoon, but the Quik commercial, and both live action episodes.

One thing I remember is they used to show Super Mario Bros 3 worlds and stages before the beginning of the episodes as well, but didn't see them on the episodes I watched. Were those late in the life of the tv show or was there another Mario series as well?

I don't remember Mega Man, but watched the first episode on the Anniversary Collection and liked it. I also remember Captain N, but not sure if I liked it. I remember not liking how they portrayed Simon Belmont(or was it Trevor?)
    The Super Mario Bros 3 came out later than the series of The Super Mario Bros Super Show. I did get to see an episode of Super Mario World entitles "Ghosts R Us" and was very disappointed on Yoshi's character (as Yoshi is my favorite Nintendo Character). The voice of Yoshi was not only a little girly but sounded like a child. Although they kind of captured his characteristics with him being scared of things but they made him too lengthy. The Zelda series was probably the better out of the two, I had a cartoon crush on Zelda from the cartoons lol. As I watched the skits last night they had Sargent Slaughter from WWF and Cyndi Lauper as guest stars. Sargent Slaughter seem to be a frequent character in the skits which was cool, but disappointing that he lost to a current wrestler on WWE just recently (I lost a little respect for him). Back to the subject, Mega Man cartoons were good too but my brother use to watch them more as they didn't hold my interest for too long.