Quote Originally Posted by IHatedSega View Post
The FMV thing brought interest to it, but then after a few hours of excitement playing the first day you wake up the next morning and its worn off, then you put in Sonic CD I dont think I can come up with a way to think of how FMV would get stronger and take the industry forward. hahaha

Thats weird you bring up those things about the Sega CD, I downloaded a ton of nonFMV games a few hours ago, and I was thinking of if Sega hadnt focused on FMV, but on making better sounding and looking games for it. I noticed there were some computer games ported to it, maybe they could have gotten more DOS or such computer games for it? Maybe DOOM should have been on it instead of the 32X.
I don't think Sega CD and Doom would be a great fit. The graphics are almost identical to the Sega Genesis. That is a problem since the SNES was graphically better than the Genesis and the Snes had a bad port of Doom. The Sega CD is even faster than the Genesis, but still it wouldn't have been that great. 32x was more High Tech than the Sega CD for Graphics and had a more advanced graphics processor. The other problem is 3DO had Doom with a better processor and is regarded the worst version of Doom out there and that is an issue Since 3DO and Sega CD were CD based Systems.