Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
This fall, I'll be going to a trade school/college for electronics, and dad demands all the games out of the house by then (even though I've organized my collection to occupy one tiny sliver of the basement along with my treadmill), so I'll probably ship them to close friends for safekeeping or put them in public storage.

Back to the issue, though, while the reason I became a collector was to get back what was sold, I've found myself opening up to a lot of other great titles on various systems. It's still my biggest goal, but not the only one, and not so dominant in my life that it consumes all of my time.

I really do appreciate the time everyone has put into their responses (especially scaleworm, I feel ya on the time troubles, for a while dad was limiting my ENTIRE usage of the TV for a day to one half-hour) and I think, more than anything, this has been a good way for me to vent about an issue most people I still know IRL (all near or over 50) would just laugh off.
Alot of people have Dads that are hard-asses. I can totally see why you would be angry or traumatized at someone selling your valued games. Sure its an asshole move on his part and he obviously had no right to sell them if the games belonged to you. You do have a right to be angry, but you have to remember one important thing: he just wants you to succeed. Alot of people view watching TV and playing games to be a waste of time, and from reading this it seems that your father probably feels this way. Im not saying this should excuse his actions, but just keep in mind that he probably got rid of your stuff because he thought it was a distraction or potential distraction. In short, he probably got rid of your stuff because he cares about you, and not because he felt like being an asshole.