Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Watching E3?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sony kicked Microsoft in the nuts, stuck a hatchet in its back, fucked it bare, then set it on fire, and pissed right next to it as it burned and burned. Great job guys.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    PS4 doesn't have free online. Online multiplayer requires PS+. It's a great service which I now pay for, but pretty bullshit required to pay for in order to play online. Not too bad since I'll still get free games for PS3, Vita, and PS4, but still pretty bs.

Can you link me to the part where they say psn+ is a requirement? My laptop lagged at that part

Im torn on it if this is the case, even tho i was planning on getting ps+ next go around, i at least wanted the option of walking away when i had my fill and just playing online free

Apart from that sony absolutely killed it, FUCKING KILLEDDDD IT!!!

They answred eveything that needed answering, didnt fuk over gamers, had a metric shit ton of games on display, a large part of that were exclusives or exclusive content, they just hit me with a blitz of reasons to get a ps4, meanwhile only thing on the xbox i wanted was titanfall, admitedly possibly the best in show across both platforms but sony makes it up in pure content
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sony easily had the best conference this E3 and they did great where it counted. They didn't spend so much time showing off games we've already seen or games we didn't want to see. Every game they showed off got a little play time and they moved onto the next. Showing off a little Vita, PS3, and then the rest PS4. The announcement of the no DRM and the price drop was a bigger announcement than the games in my opinion, because it means that we can keep collecting through this gen, and not just the Wii U.

Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 shows Sony is securing exclusives for the end of the PS4's life as well, so we know in the future we'll still get some good games :P. Kidding, but I thought it was a funny joke I heard when Versus 13 was rumored to be for the PS4. Assuming we get these games in the early life of the PS4, then it does say that the PS4 is going to be the go to console for JRPGs and it's not going to take half the system life to become as such.

With the price difference and power of the PS4, Sony has won this next gen. If Microsoft didn't require Kinect they could have priced it at $300 or even $350 but they kind of shot themselves in the foot requiring something no one even wanted.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even if its $5 a month, its still cheaper than Xbox One.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    Can you link me to the part where they say psn+ is a requirement? My laptop lagged at that part
    It was shortly after the part where Jack Tretton announced the no DRM and poking fun at Microsoft the way he said it. I watched it live then xd out.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Xbox One has become what PS3 was at launch, a mess.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

It was shortly after the part where Jack Tretton announced the no DRM and poking fun at Microsoft the way he said it. I watched it live then xd out.

Doesnt matter, ultimately thats 60 dollars i get rewarded for unlike live where its a punishment

Now my only problem is deciding if i should ride out this year and pick up all the ps3 exclusives, last of us, gt6, beyond two souls along with gta v and the new splinter cell or jumping head first into ps4 and getting killzone as well as the best versions of battlefield, watchdogs and possibly cod ghosts

Im not going to have the time AND money for both, gta v by itself could eat into my life for he next 6 months lol

Not to mention the shitload of games ive been waiting to get cheap on black friday like metal gear revengeance, ni no kuni, far cry 3 andhopefully a goty edition of borderlands 2

This might be the best year in gaming since 09 or 2010, i remember one of those years almost having TOO many games i wanted lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What's playing right now I'm thinking is Destiny. Looks lame, just like Halo.
    Come on, the first Halo was good.

I liked the way it looked alot. Massive scale online story mode with loot drops and gameplay very similar to the original Halo, color me impressed. Looked more or less like Borderlands to me, but with more players and better graphics, one of my favorite games of the show, actually want it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    Come on, the first Halo was good.

I liked the way it looked alot. Massive scale online story mode with loot drops and gameplay very similar to the original Halo, color me impressed. Looked more or less like Borderlands to me, but with more players and better graphics, one of my favorite games of the show, actually want it.
    I was talking to my friend during he reveal and both said the same thing, destiny looks like halo in some steampunk wild wild west

The game is most likely good and i would love to check it out but so far, nothing they showed wowed me, i could take it or leave it at this point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It wasn't looking good for Sony during the first third of the show (look how underwhelming the reveal of the console was, man it is ugly). They picked up a bit showing off the indie games. Really, they could have cut their presentation down by half, and just showed "no DRM, no online checking, $100 less than Xbox One", and it would have been enough. The Xbone is so screwed.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    The two free games initiative is cool too but I'm unsure if thats just for the XB1 or the 360 as well.
    Just read on another site it's for both and starts next month, although today gold members can download Fable III for free(not sure how long this last). I'm looking forward to future free AAA games. So far they also didn't say that you lose all of your free games if you cancel your gold subscription, which is a Plus, heh heh.

That used game announcement by Sony was appropriately timed, not so much because it finally answered those questions but more because they needed something drastic to wake up all the coma-induced viewers they put in that state thru sheer boredom. Not only was the conference boring but it was long and boring. Gaming wise they didn't show a single thing that interested me or any of the other people I know who were watching it.

Having said that, I'm glad they have no used game restrictions and that the price is $400. It's further proof that the used game model isn't broken. They'll probably lose some money on each system sold but I'm betting their number one priority is taking back market share from Microsoft in the US. And while the price gives them an advantage over Microsoft, the PS4's price makes the deluxe Wii U look even more over priced than it already did. Gamers with $400 this fall who have to decide rather to get a Wii U or PS4 will probably overwhelmingly choose the PS4.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Weren't you the one who swore there would be, on the DP podcast?
    I did indeed.

I STILL can't imagine how game companies would have it on one console without full parity on another.

But, whatever Sony did or said that convinced all of these developers that the used game market won't be as troublesome in the next generation as Microsoft believes it will be ... well, I applaud them for that.

Thank you Sony for allowing this community to continue on without any significant disruption in the way that they conduct their personal business.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
    Sony kicked Microsoft in the nuts, stuck a hatchet in its back, fucked it bare, then set it on fire, and pissed right next to it as it burned and burned. Great job guys.
    No, Microsoft did that to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    But, whatever Sony did or said that convinced all of these developers that the used game market won't be as troublesome in the next generation as Microsoft believes it will be ... well, I applaud them for that.

Thank you Sony for allowing this community to continue on without any significant disruption in the way that they conduct their personal business.
    So Microsoft is the only anti-consumer game company this generation. Microsoft's true colors finally come out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
    That was the best moment of E3 history. The first time Ive seen people get up out of their seats and applaud something for a minute straight. Microsoft is thoroughly fucked.
    It was 1995 all over again.
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud121 View Post
    It was 1995 all over again.
    Yup. Let's hope this is a return to form for Sony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    So Microsoft is the only anti-consumer game company this generation. Microsoft's true colors finally come out.
    If you mean the only console manufacturer, by game company, then sure. But I am thinking that there must be a lot of large publishers (i.e. EA) who want the Xbox One model to become the standard.

I have to say, I'm rather excited for the PS4, even though I won't be getting one at launch and probably not for a long time after. I'll be watching closely though.

At this point I just want to see some more details about backwards compatibility - X86-based emulation? Or streaming? Or store-based purchases? Or nothing?

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Microsoft definitely had some backroom deal with EA and now it effed them.

As for the $100 price difference, that's due to the Kinect which people applaud for included but it makes it cost more.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After all the shenanigans with Microsoft's announcements over the past few months, Sony's perfect strike was masterfully landed. People don't want a spybox in their living rooms, and they don't like the idea of not having full ownership of what they buy - despite the fact that all downloadable software from last gen is suspect. Bravo.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saw some Nintendo stuff, Sonic game looks worth buying, Mario Kart 8 looks great, and the Wii Fit Girl being in Smash Bros is kinda funny, well the commercial was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Microsoft definitely had some backroom deal with EA and now it effed them.

As for the $100 price difference, that's due to the Kinect which people applaud for included but it makes it cost more.
    Nobody is applauding Microsoft for including Kinect, a peripheral nobody wants.