Thread: Adventure Game From Makers of Earthworm Jim and Neverhood

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Yeah, it sucks that TenNapel's political/social views are so extreme, because there's not any overt evidence of them in his games, which are typically creative, fun and funny.
    I am of two minds about this.

One part of me says "I disagree with your view of the world, therefore I don't like you much."

The other says "there's nothing to do with those views in the games that I've played. If he's not trying to preach, why prevent myself from getting an enjoyable game which has nothing to do with those views I'm not keen on." The same part of me says that even though I don't agree with his views, he is perfectly entitled to have them, I'll just think he's an idiot and ignore him. It's got nothing to do with the game.

Of course, nothing says "I disagree" like not buying the product on the basis that he is involved. But if you start doing that where do you stop? He's more high profile than, say, the heads of Asda (or Wal-Mart), but I'm sure if you looked close enough you'd find something to dislike with someone up there.

EDIT: Perhaps scientology is a better example. I think it is dangerous and exploitative to those at the lower levels. Would I ever not go and see a Tom Cruise or John Travolta etc etc film just because they are proponents of Scientology? No.
    Last edited by Daltone; 06-24-2013 at 02:28 PM.