Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

My main problem with nintendo is even their franchises are not very interesting TO ME anymore. I want to support them, and I still do, but they need to be innovative and bring more adult stuff like Metroid. I dont mind a mario platformer or zelda, but i dont like pikmin, super smash bros,mario party, mario sports, mario everything (but i do like paper mario, the wii game was one of the most underrated games in years), wii fit, wii fit plus, nintendoland, wario mini games (its ok for a rental, but ill never buy it), its just rehashes of the same old games especially the new super mario bros series. I want new franchises, the last time a nintendo game truly blew my mind was metroid prime on gamecube 10 years ago. I miss the Nintendo that surprised me during the snes\n64 days, like the original starfox or goldeneye. I want a Nintendo developped online FPS, sports games (bring back stanley cup hockey!), because they still have amazing talents but I feel like its wasted. I dont want all my games to be violent and realistic, but i dont want them all to be cheesy with princesses baking cakes for plumbers in a mushroom kingdom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An interesting article about all this on Ars Technica

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nintendo has just become far less quality than they have been in the past with Mario titles which is what they constantly release. They haven't been making new IPs, the budget of these games are ridiculously low, and they can't atleast retain the quality of their older titles? Nintendo keeps their games priced high despite their drop in quality. While Galaxy and Galaxy 2 may be the best 3D games that Nintendo has to offer, New Super Mario Bros are easily the worst 2D games in the Mario series and if not for being Mario, most fans wouldn't consider them good I'm sure. Then there's Super Princess Peach for the DS which was one of the worst platformers I've ever played. NIS usually makes shitty RPGs, but the two times this gen that they developed platformers, Prinny and Prinny 2, they pushed out more quality than Nintendo has in the past decade.

While Mario sells from brand alone, they actually push out some good quality titles that don't sell or sell much less. Fire Emblem, Super Smash Bros, Kirby, Zelda, and Metroid. Obviously they keep releasing poorly developed Mario games because they make money, while releasing one or two of these other series to sell consoles and look as if they release something different once in awhile. I'm sure if Nintendo could get away with releasing nothing but shitty Mario titles, they would.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    Press_Start is my new favourite poster on DP. He / she has overtaken even the mighty duo of Needler and JakeM.
    Speaking of JakeM, he started this mess thread and hasn't been back around for awhile. I suppose he found a champion in Press_Start to carry his cause for him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I traded in my 2007 360 stuff and extra non-modded Wii recently and got a WiiU this weekend. I have to say that besides the annoying updates that would take forever to install if you don't have high speed broadband it is actually a pretty decent system.

My daughter loves the Netflix on tablet function and loves bringing it around the house. The only thing is the limited radius on where you can take the tablet which isn't a dealbreaker in my opinion. She likes it alot more than the kinect setup mom got last Christmas for her and it does seem to appeal to the 5-10 year old kids very well.

The thing I like about it the most as longtime gamer is the backward compatibility with Wii stuff including the original Wii AV cables which is nice.(It only comes with an HDMI cable)

If you are on the fence about one I would say its worth trading all your 360 stuff in for it. I am planning on getting a Pro controller for it once more stuff comes out that I won't be playing on PC. I think it would be a nice 2nd system to have if your simply a console gamer. I believe its worth abandoning the 360 for but probably not worth getting just now if you use the PS3. Thats just my opinion though.
    Last edited by ReaXan; 07-09-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    It's posts like this that make me almost miss the Meseta system so I could donate away!
    Oh shoot! I didn't even notice that it was gone!!