Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Launch of PS4 and Xbox One are getting closer... are you getting one?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    I picked one up because it seemed dumb to buy COD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Need for Speed Rivals or any of the other new cross-gen titles on the old systems. I've got hundreds of games for the 360 and the PS3, why keep buying games at $60 each for the old generation when they are available for the same price with better quality graphics, etc. I'm probably not going to the Xbox One release, but then again, maybe I will...
    In pure theory, PS3 game prices should start dropping. The handful of games I'm still interested in have had steady price drops on Amazon over the last year or so. But it's totally a your millage may vary type of thing.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    In pure theory, PS3 game prices should start dropping. The handful of games I'm still interested in have had steady price drops on Amazon over the last year or so. But it's totally a your millage may vary type of thing.
    Hey on top of the price drop, I found this store in the mall called "Entertainment Exchange." They aren't really there to compete with Gamestop but carry video games just to get more people into the store. They sell used games and Blu-Rays at a low profit margin to get people interested in buying their used cell phones, tablets, mp3 players, cameras, current game consoles etc.

They even take in games from 2 generations ago so you can find PS2, Gamecube and Xbox games really cheap plus PSP which Gamestop doesn't want anything to do with anymore. I got Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 complete for 20 cents and the most I paid for a single PS2 game was $6.

When they get New Super Mario Bros. U in used, they sell it for only $35 while Gamestop is probably trying to get $50-$55. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is $29.99.

I just bought Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi for PS3 for only $25 today while Gamestop still wants at least $40 for the thing. This store could be a competitor for ebay or even these game forums, and Gamestop is out of the question.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

*edit* Nevermind. I agree with the comment I made in this post, just decided to delete it. Ultimate Tenkaichi's gameplay isn't that good compared to the rest, but it does go through the Dragon Ball story in detail, similar to Tenkaichi 3, so it's got one good quality.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 11-19-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I compared the build up to the XBONE launch to that of the US Saturn launch. It is now official, this is the worst major console launch by a big company EVER! The Kinect being made to spy on you and the very possible (eventual) hacking which will cause other people to spy on you. The smugness of the heads of Xbox division, and firing of them. Now, with people still staying loyal to Microsoft after all that BS and the commercials making the horrible Kinect seem like a key feature to your XBONE experience..... I just dont have words. PS4 having issues is a shame and a huge let down, but THIS! This is just bottom of the barrel terrible. It is literally a $500 paperweight.

PS, theres another video I would have posted, but I can only post 3. Who knows how many more are out there. A friend of mine can play KI though, so online games you download are ok, but too bad the $60 disk based games you paid for wont work till after you get it fixed.
    Last edited by JakeM; 11-22-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@JakeM

Videogaming websites wouldnt be nearly as much fun without people like you.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

I just went against everything I've ever done and picked up a PS4. A friend of mine decided he would rather have some cash and offered it to me, I decided to go ahead and take him up on his offer. All he had was the new Assassin's Creed game but I'll stop by the store tomorrow and pick up a couple more games.

It's definitely weird for me to have a console at launch but I'll admit it's cool to be apart of the excitement that comes with it unlike I've been in the past.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really want to get a PS4. I'm practically selling everything I own to get one. I got rid of my 360 and kept my PS3 because the PS4 apparently doesn't have multi-out. I have an old-school analog receiver that I play records/laserdiscs/sub480i games on and sometimes hook it up to my PS3 because my TV is small with tiny speakers.

There's not really any games I want on it yet except some PSN ones that I'd be getting free with PS+ and FFXIV that I'd be getting free because I'm a subscriber.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I actually decided to jump in on getting a new console and I went with... the Ouya! Because it's the cheapest, has some free games, and I needed a better freaking MAME box than my original Xbox. This thing can run newer arcade games at the correct speed than the Xbox can. My Xbox lags on Bust-A-Move 2, but that game runs flawlessly on the Ouya using the Neo Geo emulator. I haven't tried the same rom in MAME but it should work there too. The Neo Geo runs King of Fighters 2002 at full speed without sound, but maybe MAME will work with the sound. Either that or my KOF2k2 is just a bad dump and I should try another.

I mainly bought it to share with my girlfriend though. It was a cheaper and easier solution than a new computer when her Win XP computer BSOD's every time we tried to plug in a USB game controller and no fixes seemed to remove the issue.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default You guys are lucky...

We will get PS4 only in 2014, and Xbox One hell knows when... Importing is not an option for me. At least for now. Guess I will try to make the best of it and enjoy winter time in front of my PS3 with games like GT6 and Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost. You are damn lucky, you can have Dead Rising 3 and Forza Motorsport 5. So jealous!