Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

The M3 perfect hasn't been available for years so most people have an EZ flash. Without gb/gbc. support, about the only non-novelty use is if you don't have a GameCube gameboy player.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default EZ Flash IV

The EZ Flash IV is actually one of the most desirable flash carts for GBA enthusiasts now - largely because it boasts 100% GBA compatibility, and sits flush with the GBA in the cart slot, unlike the M3 Perfect... but also because you can still buy it today. I replaced my SuperCard with it years ago because it played Mother 3 perfectly, actually... when I first played through Mother 3, it was via a SuperCard SD and I had to save-state through the hole thing, which felt wrong

I don't know anything about the EZIV being "low end" or not, just that it plays every game I throw at it, and that, like my Mother 3 repro, it does not work with the SRA. Alas! I have one of those Hori SNES-style controllers for my GBP and an S-Video cable that makes everything look marvelous on my HDTV... plus the audio leads are hooked up to my receiver so I get nice, deep, rich sound. I guess I will just learn to ignore the stupid "Z Button for Options" overlay.

Also, a friend I made recently offered to give me his GameCube component cable when he can get it back from his friend in another state, so, that's another reason for me to stick with the GBP. Hopefully retro-bit makes another revision of the SRA with better video output (s-video or component)... not holding my breath, but I'd be glad to test that version too because this is definitely a product I want. It just doesn't work for me currently.