Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
Absolutely correct. Modern gaming is better because of retro gaming, not in spite of it. On the surface, you see the yearly barrage of FPS, Sports and big franchise action games, but there are also tons of games that are fantastic that get far less attention.

I always prefer to have a physical copy of a game when possible, but a lot of the time that's just not possible given the overhead costs involved in physical production, promotion and distribution.

The perfect example of retro and modern merging together is the Ouya. Nearly everything on it is retro-inspired because nearly everything is produced by indie developers. and you now what? The Ouya isnt even a year old, yet it already has dozens of games that I would consider some of my favorites in the last decade.

I think all of the negativity surrounding the Ouya are from those modern gamers who expect CoD and Madden. If you actually look at what the Ouya has to offer, I think a lot of retro gamers would be drawn to it, regardless of the fact that it can run emulators for classic games. I'm talking about its own library.
I know very little about the Ouya, but I'm interested now. The name sounds so gimmicky though.