Quote Originally Posted by sfchakan View Post
Here's a tip for people who have asshats sending you bogus messages concerning condition. Sometimes, if you sell enough, you'll have dickbags contacting you and saying "oh, this isn't like the condition described." IF you know it's bogus, call their bluff. They're possibly fishing for a partial refund. FUCK. THAT.

Tell them you believe in 100% satisfaction and do not do partial refunds. Ask them to ship the game back to you and you will refund them 100%. Stand firm and pretend to be the store owner who is concerned about a valuable customer in the language you use.

I've done this twice when such an asshat tried to pull this crap on me. They both backed down and closed the case.
Ive dealt with the occasional customer asking for the partial refund because of some made up flaw before. Alot of people pull that shit. I always offer them a 1$ partial refund and they take it because they suck.

Regarding the whole 'It worked when I shipped it' or 'it diddnt work when I received it', it all just boils down to a 'he said/she said' type of situation. Which is why ebay pretty much forces sellers to take returns 98% of the time. Accepting returns is just part of doing business online. If it diddnt work this way, people could sell all types of broken, expensive stuff and buyers would have no recourse other than negative feedback.

Just refund the guy his money and end the whole ordeal. Get on with your life. Sure, there is a chance that the buyer changed his mind costing you money in return shipping, but there is also the chance he cant get it to work and he thinks it is broken. Not everybody is a tech wiz and can easily get these old consoles working.