Thread: Club Nintendo Update! Good News!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by Jive3D; 07-18-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wonderful 101 on a base level was a fun game for people but there was a fairly notable amount of people who complained online about the touch controls screwing up playing the game. I have no idea if it's a legit issue as much as butterfingers. I remember it being about the finger patterns to draw/do when setting up large/chained attacks would get fouled up. I'd look that up then decide. Ultimately though you'll get more out of a fitness game than 101 anyways since you'll put far more hours on it.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I did a bit of reading about Wii Fit U when I got it and a couple of the meters. From my experience and what I read, the meters are great devices and you can review the data which is pretty interesting, potentially useful. Minimal graphics upgrade. Some added workout stuff and more customizable.

And what I read is that the big drawback of the U software is that there is even more interruption by the talky board thing than before. So for identical 30 minute workouts, the U version can take several minutes longer because the thing won't shut up. My wife did the workouts more on Wii fit +, and hasn't used U much yet, so we don't have personal experience. I just use the tracking stuff.

So as for Wii Fit U, I'd say it depends on how you use it.

Looking in the future, I doubt the physical version of either will be expensive in the long run, but 101 is holding higher than I would have thought. And the old fit software is dirt cheap, so I'd expect that's where the U version will go eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D View Post
    Please help me on this... Wii Fit U or Wonderful 101?

My Wii is still plugged into my TV alongside my Wii U and so I still play Wii Fit + often. With that in mind, is Wii Fit U good enough to upgrade to? My being a Wii Fit fan = yes I should get Wii Fit U, but my still having my Wii setup so I can play the Wii version anytime is what makes me wonder if it's worth getting the Wii U version.

And on the other side of this - is Wonderful 101 that good?
    Maybe best to buy physical prizes or download games that do not have a disc option? Wait until the disc versions drop in price as the used market opens up. That will save issues of the DL game locked to just one console and taking up the limited console memory space.

Oh and hold off on ALL DL purchases until after the Platinum and Gold announcements. You might just get one of the games as the prize.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

These last few days have been hell trying to cash in my points, thanks to the site being hammered by users. But I was finally able to score the following:

-The Legend of Zelda™: Majora’s Mask 3D Messenger Bag
    -Fierce Deity Link Jigsaw Puzzle
    -Animal Crossing Mini Playing Cards
    -2016 Desktop Calendar

Still have a little over 600 coins...debating on getting:

-3DS XL Pouch: The Legend of Zelda

or wait to see if I can score another 200 coins somehow and get another Messenger Bag.

Touch decision...
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    These last few days have been hell trying to cash in my points, thanks to the site being hammered by users. But I was finally able to score the following:

-The Legend of Zelda™: Majora’s Mask 3D Messenger Bag
    -Fierce Deity Link Jigsaw Puzzle
    -Animal Crossing Mini Playing Cards
    -2016 Desktop Calendar

Still have a little over 600 coins...debating on getting:

-3DS XL Pouch: The Legend of Zelda

or wait to see if I can score another 200 coins somehow and get another Messenger Bag.

Touch decision...
    Get the zelda pouch, you've already got a messenger bag! I went with the pouch because I know I can actually use it.

I'm at about 400 coins and debating if I should open some games I haven't gotten around to playing. I've got Pokemon White 2, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire, plus a Link between worlds because I'd misplaced my copy and was no longer certain I owned it (oops). Can still return Link. Plus I have a Mario 3DS XL I could open. Decisions decisions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was nice that they finally gave us some variety but the vast majority of 3DS offerings were already featured several times as part of their monthly offerings. The Legend of Zelda for Nes and Metroid II for GB should have been replaced with Super Mario Bros. 2 or 3 or any of a large number of games that haven't been featured month to month. I already have most of the 3DS games they are offering digitally but it's really something they should have had awhile ago since some people prefer digital to carts. I'm also disappointed about what they did with Tetris for GB. They stopped selling that at the end of December apparently due to a licensing issue with Ubisoft's new version of Tetris. But they knew this was going to happen for atleast a few months so why not make Tetris one of the free offerings in November or December.

It always seemed like the US version of Club Nintendo was nothing more than an afterthought and I'd been sitting on more than 1000 points for quite some time because they kept offering the same shit over and over again, atleast on the 3DS. I did find enough games to use most of my points but I'm glad they are getting rid of this version of Club Nintendo because it really does suck. The Japanese have always been their top priority. Hopefully that changes with whatever new version they come out with next.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Anyone notice the price disparity in some of the offerings across multiple platforms? Especially odd where the Wii version of the same game is 50 coins more than the Wii U version.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default Final Elite Status Rewards

And now for the final hurrah: the Platinum and Gold "Elite Status" rewards for 2014-2015.

Platinum - 3DS Options
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Mario Golf World Tour
    Mario Kart 7
    Mario Party Island Tour
    New Super Mario Bros 2
    Yoshi's New Island
    Ultimate NES Remix

Gold - 3DS Options
    Pushmo
    Crashmo
    Freakyforms: Your Creations Alive
    Super Mario Bros 3
    Super Mario Bros Deluxe
    Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons
    Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
    The Mysterious Murasame Castle

Platinum - Wii U Options
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    NES Remix 2
    Punch-Out (Wii)
    Pushmo World
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

Gold - Wii U Options
    Advance Wars
    Legend of Zelda
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
    Metroid Fusion
    Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels
    Super Mario Kart
    WarioWare Mega Microgame$
    Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

The rewards will be redeemable until April 30, 2015. That means you have until the end of this month to get the last of what's on offer. Well, you have a few more months to redeem club coins for the things available in exchange for coins, and a few months after that to use the download codes... but you know what I mean.

I'm going to be getting "The Mysterious Murasame Castle."