Thread: Red Ash (Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Mega Men Legends)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Both good points. Not that I'd fund one anyway, but when you have a developer that could easily have or round up the funding for a project due to their own personal history (not even necessarily gaming based) they shouldn't be panhandling aggressively like this to get a game going, especially when things can shake out that'll just tick off the funding parties as it could be a sign of a screw you to early buyers into a project and a promise. This, Mighty 09, Iga's SOTN knockoff, they didn't need this. Aggressive media blitzing and classic sources of loans/funding from publishers or investors could have brought forth such games. I think it's fair one could argue as blown out as they were funded some of the additions probably wouldn't have happened, but the base game and much involved in it would have. Kickstarters should be set for the home project, the dude with a vision going out on their own who couldn't get the loan, the backing from another entity.
    I'm not against funding a popular developer. I'm against the funding of a developer that clearly is in it for the money and the product isn't what the consumer has paid for. We really don't know how much in funds any of these popular developers happen to have.

With IGA, he's only really been popular to a niche following. It isn't quite Disgaea levels of niche, but Castlevania has never had a huge fanbase. Add to that around half of his games were pretty bad. There's SotN, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, and Dracula X Chronicles that are great games, Lament of Innocence, Harmony of Dissonance, and Portrait of Ruin are good, and then on the other end of the spectrum, there's Nano Breaker, Order of Ecclesia(yes, this is not a typo,) Order of Shadows, Judgment, Harmony of Despair, and Curse of Darkness which are just plain abysmal. Whether it was IGA that drove the series into the ground, whether it was lack of funding, whether it was being pushed by Konami to develop a game and he didn't have final say in many bad decisions, who knows. What we do know is that around half of his games are pretty bad.

So with IGA maybe he didn't have the funding and couldn't get the funding because of the above. The prices for the Kickstarter seemed reasonable and my hype was continuously through the roof with each major stretch goal that was unlocked. If you go to the Kickstarter and look, if only for amount of content and description of this content, this was something that was worth funding. If you've seen IGA's many reviews and seen him at events, you'll know he also has a lot of passion for his games. I hope with the amount of money we've funded and the additional funding he's receiving this will be one of the great games under his resume.

Here's a list of what's in Bloodstained btw.

Main game 25+ larger than his largest castle with three playable characters.
    Multiple difficulty modes with the addition of a nightmare difficulty, cheat codes, new game plus which was stated will include new ai.
    Boss Rush
    Speed Rush
    Co op, Versus, Challenge Versus, and asynchronous multiplayer.
    Classic mode. Stage based version of the game with six stages.
    Prequel mini game. Digital only game that those of us who backed will get one copy each physical and digital version we've purchased.
    Roguelike mode. Procedurally generated mini castles with a boss for infinite replay value, includes password system so you can replay a favorite or let a friend play a favorite.
    Boss Revenge mode. Play as several bosses within the game using their attacks and go through their own mode playing against newly developed hero bosses.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-07-2015 at 03:17 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Red Ash is getting a console port if it hits one million, but there's a catch. The people funding the project get to vote on which of the three consoles the game gets ported to after the kickstarter project ends. What a joke.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow that is an unavoidable disaster having that. Fanboy jerks picking which only console gets a real version of the game so they can hold it over others heads. That is what that situation will cause right along with infuriating many donators when they see their money did not get the physical release they wanted. One could hope people spite pull out a lot of funding if that happens to them as revenge. You just dont bait and let fanboys pull the switch like that. They damn well know there are a lot of people out there who only wil buy physical games looking at the Mighty 09 rollout, you just cant do this without blowback. If I were fundnig, I know Id demand a refund if I didnt get it on the system I needed it on.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I donated for a PC version. Glad I have that. Wouldn't it make more sense to ask EVERYONE what system they wanted the game on, then ask for money for that?
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's the problem I was getting at. By saying hit this cap, then the group can decide which one gets a real release of the game is shady. I hope anyone who doesn't get their way pulls the funding from them as it's not the right way to do business propping up that hope to have it pulled away if the majority doesn't agree with you. What if you see (PC excluded for ease) a 55/45 split on PS4/One? That's a lot of people getting screwed.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Well, this just confirms my opinion that Inafune is a total scumbag. Kamiya was right.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I know people are discussing other aspects, but am I the only one who thinks this game looks... well... bad?
    The characters look very uninspired and generic.
    When I hear the name Red Ash all I can think of is pokemon. The main character's name was Ash and he wore a red baseball hat.
    Also, at this point I have really "had it up to here" with games that take place is some dystopian future where everything is grey and in ruins.
    Everything about this just feels like....blah.