Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
well hmm
frankly I have had good luck with the cheapy cables I get online so I don't know what to tell you, maybe this was just luck of the draw maybe?
With N64s the aftermarket RF switches advertised compatible for them are usually fine. With AV cables, I would go with official Nintendo ones. I've found several systems with replacement AV cables and usually I had to replace them, I've had cables with working video and no sound as well as working sound with no video. Or other types of issues that affect video or audio quality. I find them to be more failure prone than official ones.

With Sega, RF switches officially by them(or official NES ones for Model 1 Genesis). Official Sega stereo and mono Model 2 type cables, these can be hard to find. If you can, find a picture of known legit ones online, then you can visually check cables included in some auctions. With Model 1 Genesis or Master System AV cables, official ones are best but these are generic type cables also used by the TurboDuo, Commodore computers, and several others. You can more easily use other brands that are compatible, as long as they're still good quality they'll be fine.

Same with Sony cables, I only use official ones. I use official whenever possible.