A few days ago I scored a lucky break on ebay. I've been for weeks now mulling over buying an original Gameboy and also the Pocket. I eventually felt it would be best if I could get the original stuff I grew up with close in quality as possible. I've been poking around and accidentally came across this gem of a Gameboy that wasn't exactly excellently listed or it would have been instantly gone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291663002756 "ORIGINAL 1989 NINTENDO GAME BOY HANDHELD CONSOLE DMG-01 "

I started digging through the images before reading up on it because I really was just after one that wasn't beat up with a clean lens over the LCD. I was very pleased to see what appeared to be a spotless Gameboy, but then the last couple images my jaw dropped. One ended up showing all the original manuals, booklets, warning sheets, extra paper to tell idiots to put the game in the right way, and the ad stuff for NP and the fold out poster for Gameboy too. If that wasn't cool enough the headphones and link cable are still twist tied and unused and the last picture, the BOX.

I got it in the mail today and was further shocked. The foam inside while a little damaged is totally there including the brittle top part. The gameboy itself is in fact spotless LCD and all. I wrote the seller about it before buying or as I got it (forget) they said back in 1989 they bought it for their daughter who used it for a very little and then went back into the box to be stored all these years (25 years~ of hibernation.)

These things basically new go notably in excess of $100, a nice complete used one is over that -- and I paid $40 shipped. It only came from Ohio to here so it got here in two days.

Just like Christmas I put in Super Mario Land before Tetris because that's how it happened back then and it's fun.