Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I decided to stop buying their PS4 releases specifically because I concluded that, if I change my mind on any and decide I want it later on, I feel confident that the vast majority of what's coming out these days I could later buy on eBay for around the same price or only slightly more for a sealed copy or wait for an opened one and get an even better deal. Personally, I don't mind much if I end up having to pay an extra 10-20 bucks. Unless somebody is psychic, that's gonna happen all the time with game shopping regardless. I'll wait too long to buy a game, and it'll end up more expensive than had I bought it earlier. Or I'll think a game is at a good price and I'll snatch it up, only to see it get marked down even further. That's just life.

Anyway, more interesting, LRG announced that Ys Origin is coming August 25, and the same day will have another unannounced Japanese RPG (I think multiplatform; it's definitely on Vita either way). I'm really eager to find out what it is. It's a shot in the dark, but I've been hoping that maybe LRG could sign a deal with Kemco and get some of their retro-style RPGs (the ones first developed for mobile and then ported elsewhere) physically released. I enjoyed End of Serenity and still have to get around to playing Mystic Chronicles. Those I just bought digitally since they were PSP releases and definitely aren't going to come out physically. But the PS4 and Vita have Asdivine Hearts and Revenant Saga, and I've been holding off on buying on the off chance of physical releases.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I decided to stop buying their PS4 releases specifically because I concluded that, if I change my mind on any and decide I want it later on, I feel confident that the vast majority of what's coming out these days I could later buy on eBay for around the same price or only slightly more for a sealed copy or wait for an opened one and get an even better deal. Personally, I don't mind much if I end up having to pay an extra 10-20 bucks. Unless somebody is psychic, that's gonna happen all the time with game shopping regardless. I'll wait too long to buy a game, and it'll end up more expensive than had I bought it earlier. Or I'll think a game is at a good price and I'll snatch it up, only to see it get marked down even further. That's just life.

Anyway, more interesting, LRG announced that Ys Origin is coming August 25, and the same day will have another unannounced Japanese RPG (I think multiplatform; it's definitely on Vita either way). I'm really eager to find out what it is. It's a shot in the dark, but I've been hoping that maybe LRG could sign a deal with Kemco and get some of their retro-style RPGs (the ones first developed for mobile and then ported elsewhere) physically released. I enjoyed End of Serenity and still have to get around to playing Mystic Chronicles. Those I just bought digitally since they were PSP releases and definitely aren't going to come out physically. But the PS4 and Vita have Asdivine Hearts and Revenant Saga, and I've been holding off on buying on the off chance of physical releases.
    This is a very rational and reasonable attitude I share for 20 years now when it comes to buying games. The check on ebay about LR-prices showed, however, that a stagnation on the original retail price cannot be expected in all likelihood. You pay more over time for LR-games, as a rule, while the general rule for regular releases w/o the LR-nonsense is that you pay less over time and you can wait for a price drop.

Btw, I hope also that a small publisher (not necessarily LR) will pick up some of the great Kemco RPGs, very often I miss nowadays this great feeling of simplicity and challenge of an NES or SNES RPG; and if it is quirky like Undertale, the better.