I think the only game I ended this year was Nier: Automata, and my goodness, what an AMAZING game. This was a once or twice in a console generation sort of experience for me. I can't say enough good things about this title. I loved the last Nier, like a LOT, but I only played though it once (so far). I've played through Nier Automata like 5 times now.

I also ended Zelda: Breath of the Wild recently, but I think it was before the New Year. I honestly don't remember now, but I think it was more than a couple month ago, so I doubt it was this year.

My gaming took a considerable drop off after celerystalker left, as most of the games I played last year were Game Completion Challenge picks. I plan on getting back in soon though. I've got my gameroom a lot more organized now and am getting more play focused (rather than just collect/acquire focused).

Since I loved Nier and Nier Automata so much, I've decided to go back into the series and finally play the Drakengard games to see where it all started and how the series has evolved. I'm almost finished with the first Drakengard game and what a terrible, boring, uninteresting, horrible controlling experience it is. I REALLY hope 2 and 3 are better, because this game is absolute shit.