Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Old old gamer. Downsizing bigtime.

I started off back in the day with the Odyssey 2, ZX-81 (built from a kit with my Dad) & the TI-99/4A. I did a lot of programming for my Mom. She was a teacher and embraced computers in the classroom.

As a young adult, I was heavily into the Jaguar & Lynx, and started getting into the 2600. I also enjoyed some gaming on the Apple II and Mac (pre-PowerPC platforms).

In the 1990s, I spent as much time hunting at flea markets and thrift stores as I did playing games. There was nothing like the thrill of finding something rare, or something previously unlisted (in the DP Guide).

The only gaming shows IÂ’ve been to are Videotopia and Philly Classic. Two of my favorite places to shop at back in the day were Toad Computers (south of Baltimore) for new Atari stuff and the Classic Connection (Howell, NJ) for classic gaming in general.

I should mention that I've been away from most gaming for 17 years or so. Recently, IÂ’ve been going through boxes that have been taped up for as long. I have way more stuff than I could ever use and I'm paring down. I'm quite surprised at what things are worth these days. I've been selling on ebay of course. Ebay is a different animal these days as well and not for the better really.

My goal is to get my collection down to a manageable size that I can enjoy. For now, I'll probably take advantage of the buying and selling forum, and then perhaps later contribute more to other areas of the forum. That's just where I'm at in life.

Even though I may post for selling, I'd prefer to handle transactional information by pm one on one rather than in the open forum. I like to enjoy a little privacy.

Well, that's about it. I've probably forgotten plenty of things (comes with being old), but this is a pretty long post already.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kc_munchkin For This Useful Post:

Nz17 (06-18-2018)