Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

West of Loathing for Switch was put up for sale today. Check back at 6pm Eastern if you missed the CE.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I just got a kick out of seeing a Limited Run Game being sold and rented at Gamefly.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/Fallen-...9?cid=sn0818NM

Maybe these games aren't so limited after all.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! Full Course for Vita (in both standard and CE form) and Gunhouse for Vita and PS4 (plus a bunch of various Gunhouse merch) have been put up for sale.

Picked up a Senran Kagura CE to go with my other two Senran Kagura Vita LEs and a Vita copy of Gunhouse. The first batch is selling a bit slower than I expected. A lot of stock bars are still over 50%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Preoders,open today for the switch version of dust an elysain tail.I remember that was first game id downloaded for the PS4 years ago and i enjoyed it's metroidvania style of game play.Beside i didn't have much of a problem with it's animal-morph characters either.I may buy this game it's the first time id been interested in a switch release by LRG.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I haven't bought an LRG game in a long time, but I'm thinking I'll preorder Dust. Today is the last day to preorder West of Loathing, and I may go ahead and do that one, too.

edit: ugh, I'd also maybe get Yooka, but for whatever it doesn't go on sale for a couple days.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 08-31-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Aside from Dust, the last game that interested me was CSH, and this Friday Salt and Sanctuary FINALLY.

However, despite being one of the most requested since LRG inception and this game was on PS4 since launch, Dust isn't being released for the PS4. LRG has tweeted there's no plans right now, but that's just in hopes that people purchase the Switch version, which I for one won't.

It feels like LRG has learned from their mistakes with PS4 and Vita and is releasing only higher quality games for the Switch, because if you think about past LRG releases on the PS4, even with 6000-8000 copies per system, the games were selling out within hours, but each release sold less and less as time went on. People were burnt out on so many releases and I'm sure the big thing is how many weeks in a row there were releases but with a major lack of quality. CSH only sold around 10,000 when it was released, but this is where PS4 and Vita games were taking days to sell out, the damage was already done and honestly and I think even LRG seesthat they've irreparably harmed their business for PS4/Vita releases.

We know why Switch games are selling so well though. The biggest reason Switch games are selling so well is there's not exactly that many retail games coming out in comparison to the PS4 or even the Xbox One. Switch might get a lot of games the Xbox One doesn't get, but the thing is is that these games are mostly digital only indie titles for PS4 and Switch. There's just nothing out there at retail for a Switch collector, so obviously these people are buying anything they can get and on the plus side LRG is providing higher quality games as to not also burn this fanbase as well with weeks and weeks of low quality bs.

That being said, since Switch is the hot thing right now, LRG is giving the middle finger to PS4 and Vita owners, which makes it especially bad since Vita retail releases are ending early next year. People have been begging for Dust on PS4 since LRG's inception, and Switch has it with no PS4 version in sight. What does LRG say? "No plans right now for Dust on PS4." Obviously a way to pressure people in preordering the Switch version as well, but seriously, if this isn't a middle finger to the PS4 fans then I don't know what is. Oh wait, yeah I do. Mercenary Kings was announced a long time ago, the Switch version has come and gone while the PS4 version has been missing. No clue when it's coming and LRG has been quiet on the matter. They still keep ignoring everyone's questions about Rabi Ribi as well other than stating "it's still coming." If you ask me it's not coming, they're just continuing to say so to keep people invested in LRG. Rabi Ribi is 12 euros right now, I might just get that, it's cheaper than we'd be able to get it from LRG anyways, it's just I don't like having PAL covers in my collection unless absolutely necessary.

LRG defenders 1, 2, 3.... go!!
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yooka-Laylee (Switch) and Narcosis (PS4) have been put up for sale today. Both have CEs, and there's a whole slew of Yooka-Laylee merch available too. Most everything is still available, so even if you didn't show up at 10am Eastern sharp, you may still be able to get what you want right now. And there's always the 6pm Eastern restock too.

Nothing for me today, but I did finally receive something in the mail from LRG. My Vita copy of Hue is the first thing I've received since Siralim. I tried it out a little and it seems interesting enough, but pretty much all my other unfulfilled orders are stuff I'm more excited about.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 09-07-2018 at 10:55 AM.