Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
Wow, that Challenge Dice puzzle is a seriously cool find. I'd never even heard of such a thing, but now I'm pretty impressed that you found one and that the only things wrong with it are that two color stickers fell off and the plastic case got brittle and cracked during its nearly 50 years of existence. People generally don't treat things like that very well, let alone hang on to them for half a century instead of just chucking them in the trash. I'm totally jealous right now. Are there modern reproductions of those things? I really want to play with one now.
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with finding it too. I'm not sure if there's a modern release of the puzzle, I do believe Nintendo re-released their Ten Billion Barrel puzzle somewhat recently as a Club Nintendo item. I'd just like to point out that the coloured pieces aren't stickers, they seem to be metal discs glued to the pins. Honestly I think it was dropped at some point which cracked the case and knocked the discs loose from the glue that held them. It might have just happened in the thrift store but I couldn't find the pieces anywhere and I did search for them as best I could.

Also I decided to check out the Salvation Army again earlier today just to see if anything new turned up, no worthwhile games but I did end up getting some DVDs. The Rurouni Kenshin Premium Box sets 1-3 being the most notable. I remember watching the OVAs and a few episodes years ago so I felt picking up the sets were worthwhile. I should mention, the packaging for these sets are incredibly cheap and the discs are in stiff sleeves which tend to scratch the discs, I just wish it was better quality. Everything pictured cost me $30.95 total after using a couple coupons. I also remember watching that Myths and Logic documentary ages ago and liking it, so now I have a legit DVD of it.