Thread: 2018 Yearly Finds

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    Ran across Pac-Man for Neo Geo Pocket Color today and decided to pick it up because I never see anything for NGPC anywhere ever and my collection for it is so small. But man, that game is hard to play without the control stick rings.
    I really wanted to like the Neo•Geo Pocket Color, I really did. I was never a Nintendo fan, so I was excited there was competition in the handheld market from a company with a good pedigree. But I never found anything I could tolerate playing on that annoying controller nub. The games never sparked my interest enough to tolerate the bad controls (much like the N64). But as bad as the control pad is on the NGPC, it doesn't hold a candle to the awfulness of the Tapwave Zodiac's analog controller. I dare you to make it through Duke Nukem 3D on the Zodiac. It's practically impossible with the crappy controls. I want to turn slightly to shoot a bad guy... no, I've turned around 180 degrees and I'm getting shot in the back, and looks like I'm dead. Again. So pointless.

Also, I now know that Pac-Man on the Neo•Geo Pocket Color came with control stick rings. I bought my copy of the game in one of those 4-and-6 packs that the company that bought SNK slapped together to get rid of old stock, so I never had the chance to play it properly. Damn.
    Last edited by Steve W; 09-04-2018 at 01:15 AM.