This is a sad turn of events. While there are free guides and FAQ's and Long Plays online, they are usually of less usefulness, more time-consuming, and of lower quality than a professionally written guide. Yes, they are cheaper than a new guide, but in this case, you get what you pay for.

Speaking of which, I guess that's one less thing for GameStop to upsell to people at the register. Though at least there are still Game Informer subscriptions, DLC, season passes, game protection plans, and PowerUp Rewards subscription upgrades to sell.

And though you might argue that they "deserve it," I'm still saddened for the people that will be losing out on any digital guides which they purchased from these strategy guide companies. If they didn't download it already, or if the guide is DRM'd to a server that will be offline, then they will go without that guide now. Not trusting the way these things are usually set up, though, I've never dared to buy one so I can't say for sure if that's how it is with Prima and Brady Games' guides.