Thread: Sonic The Hedgehog 2019 Movie (CGI + Live-Action): For Really Reals This Time?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

"Terrible! Waluigi hates this!"

By the way, the director says on Twitter that they are going to redesign some parts of Sonic's movie appearance due to fans' reactions online.

Dude, the weird, ugly-looking Sonic might be a problem, but it is one of the least problems of this movie!

They might make changes, they might (but probably won't) fix everything that looks off or wrong about Sonic's appearance, but they won't fix the core character and story problems here. It's too late for any foundational changes like those. The writing is on the wall. There's more writing on the wall with each new fact revealed about the movie, whenever one-by-one they fall. You can have a million Easter eggs about old Sonic games and cartoons hidden in your movie, but they won't actually make the movie into a GOOD movie.

This trailer has convinced me that though I will inevitably watch this movie as I am a Sonic The Hedgehog fan, I might just skip on watching it at an actual movie theater and wait until I can rent it for $3.

Like I've written before: The Sonic movie is a train wreck in slow motion.
    Last edited by Nz17; 05-03-2019 at 10:32 AM.