The con of the (original) Xbox (1) and the Xbox 360 consoles is that they are LOUD, or at least my two original-model black and white Xbox 360's are. I believe that the console's fans are loud due to their size and all of the air that they are propelling around the console's components. But I have barely used the 360's that I own anyway as I usually just break them out for the conventions that I run, and that's usually just once per year.

The pros of the Xbox 360 are that the games are inexpensive and 360's also play most games for the original Xbox. I find that previous and current Xbox console series owners usually don't seem to value their Xbox consoles and games, and they are quick to trade them in for the shinier, newer options as they are available. Xbox owners often ditched the original Xbox when the 360 arrived, and 360 owners frequently ditched the 360 once the Xbox One arrived. Therefore games, consoles, and controllers for the Xbox and 360 tend to be cheaper and more plentiful on the secondary market than Nintendo games, consoles, and controllers of a similar vintage.

However, for the 360 to have backwards compatibility with the original Xbox 1's games, you would have to *sigh* connect the 360 to the Internet and download the software patch for the console's OS which enables this. It is a one-time thing as the Xbox compatibility update will remain on the hard disc drive as long as it isn't deleted. It was a pain for me as a new 360 owner to figure out how to connect it online, open the right ports (Eventually I just added it to the router's DMZ to allow all ports.), download, and install the Xbox compatibility component.

But if you don't care about compatibility with the first Xbox's software or if you already have an original Xbox to play those games, then that shouldn't be a problem for you.

The 360 can use a lot of different audio-video connectors from RCA A/V cables to HDMI so it should work with whatever TV you currently use. However, some games have text that is unreadable on a standard-definition (CRT) TV so keep that in mind.