Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfOwls View Post
    This happened to me with the original Far Cry. A stunning, important PC game for its era, and I really really loved it, but about 2/3 of the way in I encountered a "tower defense" area where waves & waves of shielded, high level assault gunmen just kept comin' and a' comin'. Lost my will to continue. These 59 year old reflexes just weren't twitchy enough anymore.
    Im just impressed youre still gaming. My dad is 65 and he despises video games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    Im just impressed youre still gaming. My dad is 65 and he despises video games.
    Did your Dad always hate video games or did he at least dabble in his callow youth? I've been playing video games since the original Pong so it's become a lifelong thing for me. I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Origins and it's quite enjoyable and more my speed. I need things fairly easy these days and I just did a side mission in the game that rewarded me with a powerful sickle sword that's twice as powerful as any weapon I've yet encountered... but there's a catch - it's a cursed item, and it takes away 2/3 of my health while equipping it. But, hey, it does make things easier. lol.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfOwls View Post
    Did your Dad always hate video games or did he at least dabble in his callow youth? I've been playing video games since the original Pong so it's become a lifelong thing for me. I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Origins and it's quite enjoyable and more my speed. I need things fairly easy these days and I just did a side mission in the game that rewarded me with a powerful sickle sword that's twice as powerful as any weapon I've yet encountered... but there's a catch - it's a cursed item, and it takes away 2/3 of my health while equipping it. But, hey, it does make things easier. lol.
    Always hated them. He was always into sports. Which is fine but it seems like he has to choose one over the other.