Thread: 2019 Yearly Finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I went to the same video store see if they marked down any more games. They added stickers to some but of course not the ones I really want.

My daughter talked about not havingbRayman, Raving Rabbids at home, which I thought I left the cooy we had during the divorce and buying my own, but I guess not. So I picked up that title for $2 with the case but no instructions along with Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, also for $2. I'll give my daughter my Rabbids original copy and keep the rental.

They still have other titles I'm debating on, like Fortune Street and Batman: Bold and the Brave (or whater it's called). The former more for collectibility and the latter for my Batman-fan young step kids.

I'm debating

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i'm a big fan of fortune street, if you dont mind sinking a ton of time into a single match then its worth it. also that reminds me, i should suggest it in another post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Went to another GameXchange location, and ended up buying an original Xbox. My old one died many years ago (killed by my nephew, who also killed my Xbox 360 - I stopped loaning my brother game consoles after that) and I really wanted to play some of those old games. Plus, a game that only came out on the Nuon, called FreeFall 3050 AD, was graphically upgraded and ported to the Xbox but was cancelled at the 95% complete mark. A guy who has previously programmed for the Xbox got the source code from the developer and finished the game and released it online. I really liked the Nuon game, so I'm going to have to figure out how to modify an Xbox, burn a DVD of the game, and play it.

I also stopped at a store called Freaks and Geeks in Denton, Texas and bought Fire Ball !! for the 3DO (it's a Japanese import pinball game) and an official version of Tetris for the Palm OS Handspring devices. I didn't know what it was at the time, thinking it was for a sort of educational handheld oddity that I bought in a thrift many years ago. Oh well, another oddity to add to the collection. Both games were $8 each.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i saw that thing that MVG did on FreeFall. I might try and get the version he finished running on an OG xbox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i saw that thing that MVG did on FreeFall. I might try and get the version he finished running on an OG xbox
    I downloaded it yesterday but have no idea what to do with it. I'm guessing put the folder in the "Games" folder where ripped games normally go?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

It played catch-and-release today on an item. I kinds kick myself for doing it buuuuut....it's probably a good thing.

I went to the local St. Vincent De Paul thrift store and spied an N64 with power and hook ups for $20. I grabbed it and saw two controllers that were priced seperate. After much debating, I put the system back. However, I did keep the controllers, which need a little fixing on their sticks. And I picked up a couple items as I couldn't pass them up:

N64 Controllers (original, grey and red)-$3.50 each
    NES Life Force(loose)- $2.99
    NES Contra (loose)-$2.99

Cisco/Linksys EA6500- $35

I needed a good WiFi router as I will now have 7 kids actively using computers for virtual school and the DSL modem's wifi pipe is getting tight.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I havent seen carts at a thrift store since 2015.