1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    The Original Xbox (all games)-I was a HUGE Xbox fan. I even wrote about the Official Xbox Magazine demos on this site. Eventually, like most of the systems, I started having drive issues. I swapped out the drive and life would go on. Until THAT drive gave me problems-usually would never open up again. I think I replaced the drive three times and each time I got more gun shy of playing the system, worried that it'll never open and I wouldn't be able to play it. I even softmodded it but didn't bother backing my games up so I wouldn't have the drive issues BECAUSE what if the drive croaked while doing the backing up? It got to the point where the system would just sit and collect dust and not for lack of desire and I could not find any information on how to fix the problem as replacement drives at the time dried up. I eventually traded it all in (with some great titles and accessories, like the Konami microphones for Karaoke Revolution Party) to get some gear for my new step kids for Christmas.

Later on I saw an Xbox complete in box at a Goodwill for $25. I bought it as I still had my soft mod stuff. Like other systems I ran into, the drive would not open. I searched the Internet again drives and how to fix the issue. That time, after years of looking, someone posted the solution-replace the drive belt. I never saw that before. So I go to a local store that happens to sell belts for the Xbox. I ask the clerk about it and he goes in back, apparently to get me a belt. He comes back and places an aerosol can of "belt dressing" on the counter. "This is all you need," he said. "The belts get dry and the shrink up. A few sprays of this and a little moving of the tray and it'll be good as new." I bought a can of the stuff from a hardware store, went home and disassembled my Xbox and its drive. Sure enough, after spraying the belt it works brilliantly. Now I just have to find time to actually play it and not have my teens take it over as they are nostaglic for Star Wars: Battlefront.
    I'm in a similar boat with the original Xbox. While I hated the things for years due to the controllers (though I actually prefer the Duke over the S, despite having REALLY small hands), and size of the console itself, it really started to grow on me back in 2015/2016. I was rebuying games I had already owned on GameCube and PS2 simply for 720p support on those games.

But... Then I found out that if the HDD dies, so does your console (I had always thought the OS and everything was on a boot ROM like any other console). So I put the Xbox away, and haven't touched it since.

Another one is the Jaguar. I bought mine in April 2008, and immediately fell in love. I seriously LOVE this thing, and it would honestly probably be the last console I sell if I were to sell my stuff. But the cartridge port is SO fragile. Apparently the furthest right pin is extremely prone to bending every time you insert or removed a cart, and if it gets bent, your console is completely fucked. Given the prices Jaguars are going for now, I am absolutely terrified to play my Jag.
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I never had any problems with my Jaguar. But then mine was a first generation, bought in the test market phase in 1993. I used mine a lot back in the day, too. I also agree with you, the Jaguar is a console worth loving. I haven't used my Jaguar CD-ROM drive in a while, and I've heard all sorts of bad things about how they're so unreliable (I ordered my first Jag CD drive directly from Atari since no store around me carried them at that time, and the first one was dead right out of the box). I'm afraid to play it again, knowing it might have died. I'd rather have a console I think still works instead of a console that I know for a fact is dead.

How much do Jaguars go for now? I don't keep up with that kind of thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

Tokimeki Memorial, can't read anything in the game, but I keep buying more versions of the first game, but at least all the puzzle games for the series are easy to understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dragons Lair (Arcade) ,I have downloaded it on steam for pc and have played it a few times but of course it is never as good as you remember (shattered dream) but I do want to stick with but I feel I need to spend a lot of time just hacking away at it memorizing everything which could literaly take days lol

Internet Ent Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MadMikeJ83
    Steam
    mad-miker83

Abadox for the NES, I'm terrible at it, but I enjoy it.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Baseball Stars 2 for NES only because I accidently broke the cartridge so I literally cant play it

Carmageddon 64... it has its charm. but I never know where Im supposed to be going

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WoW. It has awesome graphics but for some reason it is tooo difficult for me! When I fail to pass another mission I hire pro gamers to solve the problem. Works just flawless
    Last edited by Canija; 10-15-2020 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I never had any problems with my Jaguar. But then mine was a first generation, bought in the test market phase in 1993. I used mine a lot back in the day, too. I also agree with you, the Jaguar is a console worth loving. I haven't used my Jaguar CD-ROM drive in a while, and I've heard all sorts of bad things about how they're so unreliable (I ordered my first Jag CD drive directly from Atari since no store around me carried them at that time, and the first one was dead right out of the box). I'm afraid to play it again, knowing it might have died. I'd rather have a console I think still works instead of a console that I know for a fact is dead.

How much do Jaguars go for now? I don't keep up with that kind of thing.
    150+ for regular Jaguar. 300 or more for CD.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bangtango For This Useful Post:

Steve W (10-22-2020)