Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
i feel like M$ pulled a Wii U with the naming of their new consoles, they are too similar to previous gen, its going to confuse the masses who frankly dont pay attention to details which as we all know plays a big part in sales
I really like the naming Sega used; Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Game Gear, Dreamcast, etc. They're all different, and Nintendo followed that trend after the SNES right up until the Wii U.

What does Sony have? There's the Playstation, Playstation, Playstation, Playstation, Playstation, and their portable systems the Playstation, and Vita. Whoever gets paid the big bucks to come up with creative names really deserves it.

At least with the games coming out for the PS5 there won't be any confusion for customers or retail staff. When a customer asks for Devil May Cry 5, you know they want it for the PS5, and are not wanting Devil May Cry 5 for PS4 which also exists. Same with Borderlands 3, No Man's Sky, etc. Definitely no confusion with Demon's Souls and Demon's Souls for PS3.

-"I'd like a copy of Demon's Souls please"
-"For which console?"
-"My son has a Playstation"

Clearly no problems whatsoever with parents buying games for their hipster children who own all generations.

And Microsoft; Xbox, Xbox, Xbox, and Xbox. I think that's all of them. I like how the third Xbox is further named the Xbox One, just to mess with people. Really the most recent one should have been named the Xbox Juan.