Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Still chugging away (ha!) At Spirit Tracks. I had to haul ice to the fire realm to put out some lava geysers, which was a little maddening. You pretty much have to take the long way on thd map to avoid the evil engines and then play the throttle on turns to not sump your load. I had enough to press forward and open up the tracks to the fire temple. I got the keys from the three bird monsters and now I'm about to startvthe dungeon delve. I mentally complain about this game but I still go back to it. If this was D-Pad controlled, I'd be singing praises.

I also got in a little Animal Crossing:New Leaf. I didn't time travel to Toy Day or New Years, but that's ok. I FINALLY got a new axe. I really got yo work at acquiring a golden axe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I decided to go get some '00's gaming love, so I fired up the Dolphin emulator on my laptop and get some Gamecube play in. I picked up an official Switch Gamecube controller yo give me a more authetic play experience. And dang, did it ever! Besides not having rumble or analog triggers (which I can't say I noticed the difference on the original) it plays dang well.

Today I got through the Ruby cup in F-Zero X (on Novice-been years since I played) and then dabbled in some Animal Crossing. I used my soft-modded Wii to transfer my 15-or-so year game save to my thumb drive and ported it onto my laptop. I turned on progressive scan mode to clear up the 2D imagery and proceeded to play a round of "Punch Out!" In my newly cockroach cleared home. I did a little weeding and sent a fossil to the Faraway Museum for identification. Ah the simple life of patience.

My residents told me it was 60 months since I last played, which sounds right. I fired up the game to show my then young stepkids. My ex-wife's house is still there with all the trimmings (first to pay off, fish weather vane, first to reach a million bells in the bank) , so I'd hate to see the animals' reactions if I fire it up using her account! I also don't have the heart to demolish it, as I'm sure our daughter might want to putter around as that character.

I was going to attempt some Skyward Sword, but I'm not sure how well a control pad will translate. I started out on it last weekend or so but I haven't attempted flight.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    I decided to go get some '00's gaming love, so I fired up the Dolphin emulator on my laptop and get some Gamecube play in. I picked up an official Switch Gamecube controller yo give me a more authetic play experience. And dang, did it ever! Besides not having rumble or analog triggers (which I can't say I noticed the difference on the original) it plays dang well.

Today I got through the Ruby cup in F-Zero X (on Novice-been years since I played) and then dabbled in some Animal Crossing. I used my soft-modded Wii to transfer my 15-or-so year game save to my thumb drive and ported it onto my laptop. I turned on progressive scan mode to clear up the 2D imagery and proceeded to play a round of "Punch Out!" In my newly cockroach cleared home. I did a little weeding and sent a fossil to the Faraway Museum for identification. Ah the simple life of patience.

My residents told me it was 60 months since I last played, which sounds right. I fired up the game to show my then young stepkids. My ex-wife's house is still there with all the trimmings (first to pay off, fish weather vane, first to reach a million bells in the bank) , so I'd hate to see the animals' reactions if I fire it up using her account! I also don't have the heart to demolish it, as I'm sure our daughter might want to putter around as that character.

I was going to attempt some Skyward Sword, but I'm not sure how well a control pad will translate. I started out on it last weekend or so but I haven't attempted flight.
    I just bought F Zero X. Its not an easy game. gonna pick it up later in the year most likely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I haven't really played much of anything lately. I recently got an Everdrive for the NES and I played a little bit of Castlevania 2. It's a hacked version with better translation, an actual save mode and a map screen. Tuesday I replaced the thumbsticks on my Wii U pad and tested play with Zelda:Breath of the Wild. I had to start over as my third eldest stepson played on my account as I didn't know you could have multiple profiles. He beat the game so now it's my turn.

I did try playing Zelda:Skyward Sword on emulation with a gamepad. Paaaaaiiiinnnnn in the rear. I'm going to try to link a Wiimote to my laptop and see how that goes.

The only other game related thing I've been playing around with is NESMaker. I'm learning it genre by genre and right now I'm learning the "action platformer" (think maybe Bubble Bobble meets Donkey Kong-you can jump through platforms but walk on them and climb ladders). That's been interesting. Will I actually make a game? Who knows?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Beat Metroid today for the first time. With the help of a map I printed off. My whole life, I never knew how to get the Ice Beam til recently when I looked it up. It's not a terribly hard game if you have the Varia Suit. I found all items except for 1 energy tank and 2 missiles. Not worth the hassle of trying to get them. I didn't die til I faced Mother Brain. Got her on the second try. Beautiful game that set the precedent for so many games to come.

whats kinda funny is the second time I faced Mother Brain there was a glitch that prevented the laser door things from appearing so I saved a ton of missiles by not having to blast through them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I linked a Wii Remote to my laptop, powered up a wireless Iar bar and gave Skyward Sword a bit of a try. The controls worked pretty well but I was just not in the mood for Zelda. So I fired up Skyrim again, see if my interest in that got rekindled.

Oh my...did it ever.

I got trounced a bit when trying to fire up the steam generators in the dwarven fortress due to controller fumbling. Once I got my 360 controller fingers back I and my virtual partner in death wipe out the mechanations, started the generators and took out a "master" automoton, which looked just incredible.

We got the dark book unlocked which, upon reading, took me to this dark realm of Hermaeus Mora-the Dedric prince of fate and knowledge. This was a creepy-ass place that dripped with atmosphere with surroundings made with fused pages from books, tentacles and bending pathways. I also bumped my 3rd person mode, which I thought the game did on its own which was a neat effect. I got through the different chapters and then spoke with Mora itself...a big eye with a bunch of bubbly smaller eyes appearing in greasy greenish-yellow mists.

I exited the realm and saved at a point where I have to fight a dragon. This should be fun.....

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I never played Skyrim. I didnt like where the series was going with Oblivion. less focus on story... plot seemed more formulaic.. not very interesting.. fast travel to anywhere that didnt tax you made the game way too easy...

also, I liked in Morrowind that I could read everything because I can read faster than people talk.