Thread: Evercade by Blaze

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

When I first heard of Evercade VS, I figured it would just be a way for two Evercades to play together with a multi-tap device. I never would have guessed it would be a stand alone console with 4 USB controller ports that ditched the portable aspect altogether. Not only does the Evercade VS eschew portability, it replaces the portbles 1.2Ghz ARM Quad Core processor with a 1.5 Ghz Quad Core processor backed by 512MB of DRAM and 4GB of internal storage. The Evercade VS outputs a full HD resolution 1080p vs the portables 720p. It's backwards compatible with entire Evercade library of games except for the Namco Collections, which were only licensed for portable use from Namco. How the Evercade VS prevents them from playing, I have no clue. Evercade is promising that all collections going forward will work on both systems. Looking at the Evercade library, it seemed obvious that the portable could handle 8/16 bit games. I wasn't sure if it could handle 32 bit games. I wonder if compatibility between the two systems will limit the more robust VS console.

I pre-order the Evercade portable with it's full library of cartridges available at the time from Funstock in the UK early in 2020. Was notified in March of a shipping delay (possibly COVID related) and cancelled my pre-order. I vaguely remember fearing this thing could end up being vaporware. I used my refund to purchase a $500 Analogue Nt Mini Noir which I don't regret. When I got around to re-ordering the in stock Evercade portable system in fall of last year from VGP Video Games Plus in Canada, I was hoping that I could purchase the entire game library with one region code. Evercade struck me as being a European product, so I hoped to get a PEGI rating on the front of each game case. Alas, it was not to be no matter how hard I searched. Some have PEGI ratings and some don't without rhyme or reason. The collector in me wasn't happy, but ces't la vie. At least it doesn't show from the spine.

I don't have an Evercade to have a new way to play retro games. What interested me were the collections of Indie games that I could play inexpensively on a HD TV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The entire list of Intellivision Collection 1 games was announced on OEB Pete's youtube channel this morning.

Here is the list of game:

Night Stalker
    Thin Ice
    Thunder Castle
    Shark Shark
    Princess Quest - homebrew Intellivision game
    Frog Bog
    Snafu
    Slap Shot: Super Pro Hockey
    Pinball
    Buzz Bombers
    Word Rockets - originally known as Word Fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

OEB Pete had Blaze Entertainment's Sean Cleaver on his channel for more than revealing Intellivision 1 Collection. There was some stuff revealed on it.

Team 17 Collection 2 is not in the works currently.

Namco Arcade collection does not seem to be in the works right now. Blaze wants the 2 Namco Collections to be on the Evercade VS, but is not currently due to contract terms.

There is at least 2 arcade collections announcements this month.

There will be different packs for the Evercade VS. Including a Collector's Edition. More details will be mentioned later this month on the different packs including what games will be packed in. There is a little bit details on the different types of packs on a different live stream that happened Friday Night from a different youtube channel.

There are games license that are worked or signed already for 2022 with a possibility of some of them being moved up.

There is some Evercade merchandise being planned like T-shirts, and Evercade VS case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

PDubs Arcade Loft youtube channel had Andrew Byatt and Ryan of Blaze Entertainment on their Friday night stream. There was some information given.

There will be a firmware update with the Evercade handheld including emulation.

Arcade collection is going to an Evercade VS pack-in game. Those two did not mention the name of the Collection because they will be announcing a total of 5 game collections before May 28th.

Hidden stuff will be in Evercade VS by putting 2 carts in the Evercade at once including secret games.

Blaze is looking at putting modern retro games on Evercade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze Entertainment announced Bitmap Brothers Collection 1 for Evercade. Blaze confirmed the versions of the games. Here are the games:

Chaos Engine(known as Soldier of Fortune in North America - SNES version
    Xenon 2 : Megablast - Genesis version
    Speedball - SMS version
    Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe - Genesis Version
    Speedball 2100 - Playstation version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze announced Worms Collection 1 and Indie Heroes Collection 1 has been delayed to July 30th, 2021.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Technos Arcade 1, Data East arcade 1, Gaelco Arcade 1, and Atari Arcade 1 were announced last night and supposed to come out in November.

Here is a list of Technos Arcade 1 games:
    Battle Lane Vol. 5
    Block Out
    The Cambatribes
    Double Dragon II: The Revenge
    Double Dragon III: The Rosetta Stone
    Mania Challenge
    Minky Monkey
    Mysterious Stones: Dr. John's Adventure

Here is a list of Data East Arcade 1 games:
    Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja
    Breakthru
    Burgertime
    Chain Reaction
    Dark Seal
    Darwin 4078
    Lock'n chase
    Sly Spy
    TumblePop
    Wizard Fire
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 05-18-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Here is a list of Gaelco Arcade 1 games:
    Alligator Hunt
    Biomechanical Toy
    Glass
    Snow Board Championship
    Thunder Hoop
    World Rally

Here is Atari Arcade 1 games:
    Asteroids Deluxe
    Canyon Bomber
    Centipede
    Crystal Castles
    Liberator
    Lunar Lander
    Millipede
    Missile Command
    Night Driver
    Pong
    Sky Diver
    Super Breakout
    Warlords
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 05-18-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

There is not supposed to be more games released for Evercade/Evercade this year after the arcade game collections come out in November according to Blaze. The only other information known from this point on this year will be the Evercade VS. bundles, any collection date charges, game for 2022, and if there is evercade Merchandise released.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

All 3 Evercade Bundles were announced.

The Evercade VS Standard Pack pre-orders start on May 28th.
    It comes with Technos Arcade 1, Evercade VS Console, and 1 Evercade VS Evercade Controller. It costs $99.99.

Evercade VS Premium pack pre-orders start on May 28th. It comes with Technos Arcade 1, Data East Arcade 1, Evercade VS Console, and 2 Evercade VS controllers. It costs $129.99.

Evercade Founders Edition is a limited Edition for May 27th with it starting 2 in the Morning Pacific Time Zone. It comes with Technos Arcade 1, Data East Arcade 1, Gaelco Arcade 1, Atari Arcade 1, Bitmap Brothers Collection 1, Intellivision Collection 1, Evercade VS Console, 2 Evercade VS Controllers, Evercade VS founder edition keyring, Evercade Black Link cable, Founder Edition Certificate of Authenticity, 2 Evercade VS Art Cards, Evercade Exclusive founder edition poster, and Evercade VS Steel Book Cartridge Holder. It costs $225.00.