Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
1 is strange, is it a solid 1 or does it bounce from nothing to one?
I don't know if he's testing it correctly. I get the feeling he might not be. He's not even sure if his AC adapters are working properly and still hasn't tested them before testing various spots on the console.

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
So there's a problem between my wall outlet which is putting put the correct voltage of 120 and that particular pin.
Really broad possibilities listed there.

1) First check that the adapter is outputting the correct voltage. Just plug it into the wall and check the other end without it plugged into the system. If the system isn't getting the correct voltage, that would be causing problems with operation.

2) If the adapter is working properly, then plug in the adapter and check the output of the voltage regulator. If the output isn't correct then replace the voltage regulator. There would be info online as to what the correct voltage output should be.

There could be several other issues causing the problems but those should be the first things to check before moving on to anything else.

With the batteries not working there could be something wrong with the DC jack, as there should be a small switch in it that switches between batteries and AC/DC input when the adapter is plugged in, and that switch could be stuck so a type of contact cleaner could help. I had a similar problem with something years ago and cleaning the input jack fixed the problem, I can't remember what item it was at the moment as it was years ago. Or the battery connections could be corroded and need cleaning, or a wire could be broken to the battery contacts.