Thread: Analogue Super NT and Mega SG restocked today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    Are these like, particularly good clone console/emulation boxes or something? I'm just not understanding why a restock would be big news unless these are like super-amazing.
    There fpga based which is hardware emulation and not software like what you would see in a retron 5.Restock is a big issue,demand is high and sellout quickly but really analogue isn't good when it comes to having enough stock period.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tron 2.0 For This Useful Post:

gbpxl (08-10-2021)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I got the consoles yesterday. havent tried the Mega yet. the Super is awesome. I already jailbroke it to play ROMs, though Ive noticed a few dont work. There is zero latency and the scanlines look great, though in 1080p they look like shit. Im sure therell be a firmware update for that.

In a way I feel it'd kind of sad because I feel it's made physical cartridgs obsolete. Though really, flash carts have made them obsolete for years now. I still like to play 5he game from the cartridge itself if I have the option, but 5o be honest there really is no discernable difference between that and just playing the ROM.

Kevin Horton did an amazing job with this console. I am also happy to see there isn't a death grip on the cartridge connector. The controller port has a good grip as well, better than the SNES. My only criticism is the worthless USB power cord and tiny HDMI cable that were included. And navigating the GUI could be a little more intuitive.

still, Im happy with it. theres no better way to play a SNES game on a modern display.
    Last edited by gbpxl; 08-28-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'd heard the shipping and communication from Analogue was really poor but I didn't expect it to be as lacking as it was.
    Ordered the super NT as soon as it went on sale with advertised shipping by the end of the week.
    It didn't ship until 2 weeks later and that was the only email update I got after payment.
    The tracking link in their email didn't work. The copying the number to the FedEx page showed it was to be delivered on Monday.
    I checked again on Saturday and it showed end of day Monday delivery.
    So Monday came and went, no package, no emails.
    Today at work I thought about it, like what's going on - check tracking again and shows that it was delivered on Sunday. I'm so used to delivery confirmation emails from literally every other vendor or online retailer that I deal with so never occurred to me that it could have been delivered on a Sunday.
    But shit where was it?!... So I get home and there it is sitting on the neighbor's front porch. The shipping tag on the outside of the package lists exactly what it is, basically advertising that it's an expensive item. thankfully nobody took notice to it, and it didn't get stolen.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Tinkering around with the Super NT's aspect ratio, I am finding that the "correct" ratio seems to be 16:15, rather than 8:7. 256:240 would be the largest displayable area for a SNES game I am gathering, though I believe most games were 256:224