Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

A few days ago I went back to a GameXchange where they had a collector's edition of South Park: The Stick of Truth for the PS3, and picked it up. I also picked up the Street Fighter X Tekken Special Edition. Later I went into a GameStop and bought Pocky & Rocky Reshrined for the PS4, and they gave me a free copy of Anthem. I'd heard that they were selling their stock off for a penny each, apparently they aren't even bothering with the penny now.

My vacation ends today, so I made the long drive home, broken up with a few stops at game stores on my route. Picked up a Japanese PS1 horror game called Kamaitachi no Yoru Tokubetsu-hen at the first place I stopped, Sakura Wars for the PS4 at the second, and Pix the Cat for the PS4 and Gundam Breaker 2 for the PS3 at the third game store. I love finding imports in the wild, especially when they're for my latest collecting obsession, the PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

A game store a decent distance away has relocated to a larger location, so I went there today. They've had some rare games in the past that I'd wanted, but those were all gone this time. And I noticed an annoying trend, that in the new location the video games have been scrunched into a smaller space so they can expand their tabletop/card game areas and merch. That's what so many really good video game stores do before they ditch video games altogether. Sigh. All the good stores seem to stop selling the things I want.

I went to another good game store that's rarely ever let me down (that doesn't mess with tabletop stuff at all), and bought Grid Autosport. On my previous day off, I picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris (I already have a Japanese copy, but I thought it was worth the $8.99 for readable text) and Warhammer: Hired Gun. The store had a European copy of Knowledge is Power for the PS4 for all of 99¢, but after looking at it I decided to pass on it. Downloading apps for phones/tablets to use them as controllers sounds annoying and messy just to play a quiz game.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i got really sick since but posted in the tech part of the site.

i found a backwards compatible PS3 for $50 at goodwill.
    it was used for quite some time, firmware 4.65 was on it.

whats interesting about this is, while its about the 8th i've ever found this is the only one i have ever found working.
    works well infact, i should probably take it apart and regoo the cpus in it with some better stuff, maybe kryonaut or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I went to a Half Price Books today, I was shocked to find reasonably priced Dreamcast games. Okay, a Japanese game (and a not very good one at that), but at least it's a Dreamcast game under a hundred bucks. I never bought Death Crimson OX back in the day, so I might as well grab a copy now. And for my sister, I picked up an old book called Japanese Fairy Tales from 1958.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I went to work on Sunday and found out my schedule was changed and I had the day off, so I ran like hell and went off to do some errands. I stopped at a game store while I was out, pcked up Neo: The World Ends With You which I've had my eye on for a while (I bought the DS game years back but it never clicked with me as a handheld system so I only briefly played it before putting it in a drawer and forgetting about it) but this is the first time I found it at an affordable price, $24.99 for a used copy. I also picked up the PS3 Rapala fishing game just to be goofy, and hoping they also might have the wireless fishing controller that came with some of them. No luck on that one. It seems like they go for a fortune on Amazon now. The Japanese Gundam game I ordered off Amazon while I was on vacation and had forgotten about by the time it came in a month later. From France of all places.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Didnt you get Gundam Crossfire recently?

its the same game, thats why i'm asking

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Steve W (09-21-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Yeah, I bought Gundam Crossfire something like a year ago. I thought that it had another name in Japan, but I didn't think it was this one. And to be honest, I don't have a clear memory of actually ordering this one. I'm wondering if I meant to order something else and ordered this one instead (since there seems to be trillions of Gundam games for the PS3 in Japan). I did that with Okami for the PS3 - I had meant to order the European release (since the US never had a disc version, only digital downloads) but the Japanese version came in and I realized I'd ordered the wrong one. Luckily, when updating that one it downloaded the entire US digital store version so I could play the Japanese game in English, which was great.

I'm having some weird memory issues lately... I'm beginning to worry about it.