1. SWAT Police (Arcade via MAME) 2/2

This isn't what I was expecting to be my first game beaten in 2023, but I'm a fan of the NES version of Cabal, and whenever my husband comes across a shooting gallery-style game similar to that in MAME, he wants me to give it a try (considering there aren't a ton of games like Cabal, as far as I know). So I played through this Korean game last night. It's nothing to brag about, though. I used an absurd amount of credits. This game is a real quarter-muncher, or won-muncher, I guess. There's nothing to hide behind like in Cabal, and the enemies and bullets keep swarming the screen. I can't even imagine the kind of obsessive-compulsive playing it would take to 1CC this game. Anyway, it wasn't bad, but it's got nothing on Cabal either. Granted, I can't recall if I've ever played the arcade original of Cabal, so maybe that's super cheap too, for all I know. This is why I often prefer home ports of arcade games. Even if the aesthetics take a hit, it's worth that downgrade if the difficulty gets better balanced, making the fun factor go way up.