Thread: Zelda tears of the kingdom thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Never thought I'd live to see this day. The little twerp who cuts down peoples flower gardens to steal rupees is acknowledged as having the highest rated video game EVER, instantly rendering all other video games in human history as also rans and nothing burgers.

ALL HAIL THE BIG N!

https://gamerant.com/zelda-tears-of-...letter_popup=1

The list of true believers is embedded in the article.

Question: Do we have any say in this?
    Answer: No

Anyone still sitting on the fence about buying THE BEST GAME EVER's Limited Edition Switch console might consider if now is the cheapest this thing will ever be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I'm about 20 minutes in as that was all I had time for. It looks a bit more detailed than BotW as it wasn't a dual console release like its predecessor was. I don't want to spoil the opening sequence but I chuckled at how TotK played a trope from another Nintendo game.

So, Spartacus, are you getting that Limited Edition Switch you just mentioned to add to your collection? I hear it's the cheapest this thing will ever be.....

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Amazon delivered mine about ten days ago. Best Buy just notified me to come pick up my Tears Of The Kingdom Amiibo.
    I pre-ordered the game from Gamestop to use up my rewards and get the wood plaque. Haven't got a notification yet.
    I already gave up on the limited edition Tears Of The Kingdom game. I came perilously close to paying reseller markups on Ebay or Amazon for the Tears of the Kingdom Pro Controller because none of the major retailers had it in stock. Then I saw that one of the resellers on Amazon was Antonline. I went to Antonline's web site and they have them for MSRP plus $5 shipping. They also have Tears of the Kingdom bundles with the console plus the limited edition game or the console plus the pro controller. The console is in stock everywhere, so there are no Nintendo artificial shortages this time.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i got mine at BB the day it came out, i preordered it there and it didnt come with any thing other than their red label on it that peels off easily. its in good shape...
    i've moved in the time between the pre order and the release of the system and when i was packing i found a animal crossing switch system i didnt know i still had. i thought i had returned it...so i guess i'll sit on it and sell it when the the time comes

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The whole "TOAK" is kinda why?
    Remember that Zelda game where Not Marian gets ubducted by aliens on the farm?
    Remember that Cho film called "Save the Green Planet" ?

All I could say about this is that your not going to get Gannon in his true wizardry form, or even
    battle royale form. No. You get this game that once again proves Nintendo ( whoever ) just loops
    around the story in order to be like "oh well that happen so it is more believable". Like Disney and SW.

I honestly have no intention of playing through this game once I learned they censored ( yes ) censored
    the Garderner Girl .....whatever lady again. Seeing Madame Cho-Cho as a bunny boss in Mario game is one thing but this just sinks a new low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gametrek View Post
    The whole "TOAK" is kinda why?
    Remember that Zelda game where Not Marian gets ubducted by aliens on the farm?
    Remember that Cho film called "Save the Green Planet" ?

All I could say about this is that your not going to get Gannon in his true wizardry form, or even
    battle royale form. No. You get this game that once again proves Nintendo ( whoever ) just loops
    around the story in order to be like "oh well that happen so it is more believable". Like Disney and SW.

I honestly have no intention of playing through this game once I learned they censored ( yes ) censored
    the Garderner Girl .....whatever lady again. Seeing Madame Cho-Cho as a bunny boss in Mario game is one thing but this just sinks a new low.
    Uhhh....wut?